The Evolution of Conversation Design in the ChatGPT Era Part 2 – Voicebot Podcast Ep 338
How are ChatGPT and the rise of large language models impacting conversation designs and designers? Today, in Part 2 of our series on conversation design in collaboration with the Unparsed Conference, we have four more experts weighing in on how the profession is changing and what designers should consider and do about it. Joining me for a series of one-on-one interviews are:
- Maaike Coppens is vice president of product at OpenDialog AI, where she started as head of UX and conversation design in 2020. She was a product designer at XAPPMedia, labworks.io, and Smartly Ai. She was also a UX consultant at Applause. Maaike was my guest on episode 284 of the Voicebot Podcast in 2022.
- Rebecca Evanhoe is the co-author of the popular book Conversations with Things: UX Design for Chat and Voice published by Rosenfeld Media. She is a visiting assistant professor at the Pratt Institute in New York, where she teaches a graduate course in conversational UX design, was a conversation design consultant for AWS, a voice user interface designer at Mobiquity, and a writing instructor at the University of Florida. She and her co-author Diana Diebel were my guests on episode 220 in 2021.
- Kane Simms – is the founder of VUX World and a co-organizer of the Unparsed conference. VUX World is a strategic consultancy focused on conversational user experiences and is also the name of a popular podcast on practical conversational AI topics. Kane has a long history of work in technology transformation and as a writer before moving into conversation design. He was my guest in episode 178 in 2020.
- Hans Van Dam – is the CEO of the Conversation Design Institute and a co-founder and board member of the conversation design consultancy CDI Services. He is also a research fellow at RMIT University. Hans joined me on the podcast for episode 192 in 2021.
Join the Conversation Design Knowledge Train at Unparsed
The Unparsed Conference on conversation design is coming up later in July 2023 in London. If you use the code VOICEBOT, you get two tickets for the price of one. That applies to the in-person and online conference tickets. Definitely try to join online if you can’t make it to London. It is a great speaker lineup. You can sign-up at https://bit.ly/unparsed2023.
The Evolutions of Conversation Design Show Notes – Coppens, Evanhoe, Simms, Van Dam
- Follow Maaike Coppens and OpenDialog AI: @maaikecxd @OpenDialogAI opendialog.ai
- Hear more from Maaike Coppens on the Voicebot Podcast: Episode 284
- Follow Rebecca Evanhoe: @revanhoe RebeccaEvanhoe.com
- Hear more from Rebecca Evanhoe on the Voicebot Podcast: Ep 220
- Follow Kane Simms and VUX World: @kanesimms @VUXworld VUX.world
- Hear more from Kane Simms on the Voicebot Podcast: Episode 178
- Follow Hans Van Dam and the Conversation Design Institute: @CDInstitute_ ConversationDesignInstitute
- Hear more from Hans Van Dam on the Voicebot Podcast: Episode 192
- Register for the Unparsed Conference (use the code VOICEBOT): Unparsed Conference Online or In-Person