Generative AI News – OpenAI Chips, Adobe and Canva Bring Generative AI to Design, Spotify, Opera, Observe, ElevenLabs & More – Voicebot Podcast 356
This week’s Generative AI News (GAIN) rundown focuses more on features and economics than foundation models. Also, if you want our 2x weekly newsletter with links to additional top generative AI stories, subscribe on LinkedIn. Featured stories this week include:
- Adobe and Canva show the marketers new tool sets – Adobe introduced a new list of features, upgraded Firefly models and a new text-to-vector-image model that will make manipulating AI generative images easier. Canva also extended its generative AI features as the too companies take different paths in rolling out generative AI.
- Generative AI Economics – Some apps with generative AI features charge for the capabilities while most do not. We walk through the market, what is being charged and, notably, who is not and why.
- Generative AI winners and losers of the week.
Generative AI News
Links to the stories we covered this week are included below.
Featured Stories of the Week 🔦
- Adobe Debuts New Firefly Generative AI Models and Features
- Canva’s New Magic Studio Pulls Enormous Generative AI Toolkit and $200M Creator Fund Out of a Hat
- To Charge or Not to Charge for Generative AI Features – Different Approaches Emerge
- ChatGPT Mobile App Tops 50M Downloads, Net Revenue at $3M Per Month – Full Breakdown
Generative AI Funding Fountain 💰⛲️
- Observe Raises $50M and its Olly GPT is a Generative AI Assistant for Infrastructure Monitoring
- Generative AI Customization Startup Gradient Raises $10M
- Generative AI Agent Training Startup Luda Raises $7M
Generative AI Product Garden 🪴
- OpenAI is Looking to Make its Own Chips for AI Training and Inference
- Truepic and Hugging Face Partner to Highlight the Latest Innovations in Transparency to AI-Generated Content
- Will Adobe Content Credentials or Text-to-Vector Graphics Be More Impactful?
- ElevenLabs Releases Generative AI Voice Translation and Dubbing Tool
- Opera Teaches Generative AI Assistant Aria to Mimic Your Writing Style
- HungryRoot CEO Leverages Generative AI for ‘Every’ App to Encourage Deeper Relationships and Self-Discovery
Generative AI in the World 🌏
- Spotify Code Hints at Generative AI Playlists
- Apple is Far Behind Cloud Providers in Generative AI Says Needham Analyst
More About GAIN
The show is recorded live and streamed via YouTube and LinkedIn, typically at 11:00 am ET on Thursdays, but sometimes it is on Fridays due to schedule conflicts. You can re-watch each week’s discussion on Voicebot’s YouTube channel or just listen here, whatever works best for you.
Please join us live next week on YouTube or LinkedIn. Also, please participate in an upcoming live show by commenting, and we are likely to give you a shoutout and may even show your comment on screen.
Generative AI News Rundown 36 – Show Notes October 12, 2023
- Follow Bret Kinsella on Twitter and LinkedIn: @bretkinsella
- Follow Eric Schwartz on Twitter: @erichschwartz
- Get a free daily update on Generative AI news: Synthedia
Follow Me on LinkedIn