Generative AI News – Alexa LLM, DALL-E 3 in ChatGPT, Mircosoft Copilot, Google Bard, Funding, and More – Voicebot Podcast 353
We have another episode of the Generative AI News (GAIN) rundown, which provides a live discussion of the week’s top industry news. This week, the tech giants were out in force with news from Amazon, Microsoft, Google, Oracle, and OpenAI. Featured stories this week include:
- Alexa Gets an LLM – Amazon has had a large language model (LLM) for years, but never let it out of the lab until ChatGPT changed the market seemingly overnight. Amazon has fully embraced LLMs at this point and started to infuse it through AWS, and across its Alexa-enabled products and services. Eric and I discussed what was demonstrated this week, my hands-on experience with the capabilities, the limitations, and more inside details.
- Hour One Can Change What You Say in a Video – Hour One just launched a really interesting new feature that enables you to change what people say in a video. Add a new script or upload an audio file, and it will match the person’s mouth and facial movements with the written text. This can be used for your own footage or stock video. Check out the demo here.
- Assistants on Parade – Google Bard got an upgrade this week with a connection to Google Workspace and other Google services. This may be truly useful and extend the value of Bard to a level of personalized benefit we have not yet seen in the market. Microsoft also announced Copilot will come to Windows 11 next week, and ChatGPT is expected to get access to DALL-E 3 text-to-image generation. This led to a more general discussion about digital assistants and the different models that are emerging.
- Generative AI winners and losers of the week.
Generative AI News
Links to the stories we covered this week are included below.
Featured Stories of the Week 🔦
- Amazon Alexa Gets Generative AI Makeover and Explores New Use Cases for Consumers
- Alexa Infuses Generative AI Into Amazon Smart Homes
- Amazon Gives Alexa a Generative AI Makeover
- Hour One Demo Shows Generative AI Adding New Life to Videos
Generative AI Product Garden 🪴
- Microsoft Copilot Flies Generative AI Features Across Windows 11, Edge, Office, and Every Other Microsoft App
- Google Bard Enhances Model With Answers from Your Gmail, Docs, and More Apps
- OpenAI Teases DALL-E 3 Text-to-Image Generator Built Into ChatGPT
- Oracle Launches Generative AI Clinical Voice Assistant
Generative AI Funding Fountain 💰⛲️
- Roblox Acquires Voice AI Moderation Startup Speechly
- Writer Lands $100M in New Funding for Enterprise AI Writing Application
Generative AI in the World 🌏
More About GAIN
The show is recorded live and streamed via YouTube and LinkedIn, typically at 11:00 am ET on Thursdays, but sometimes it is on Fridays due to schedule conflicts. You can re-watch each week’s discussion on Voicebot’s YouTube channel or just listen here, whatever works best for you.
Please join us live next week on YouTube or LinkedIn. Also, please participate in an upcoming live show by commenting, and we are likely to give you a shoutout and may even show your comment on screen.
Generative AI News Rundown 33 – Show Notes September 22, 2023
- Follow Bret Kinsella on Twitter and LinkedIn: @bretkinsella
- Follow Eric Schwartz on Twitter: @erichschwartz
- Get a free daily update on Generative AI news: Synthedia