Generative AI News This Week – Anthropic, Amazon, OpenAI, ChatGPT, Bard, and Many More – Voicebot Podcast 354
The Generative AI News (GAIN) rundown wrapping up an active September had more big stories than any other week of the month. The tech giants were out in force once again with news from Amazon, Meta, and OpenAI. Featured stories this week include:
- Amazon Goes Long on Anthropic, and Bedrock Gets a Boost – Amazon’s $4 billion investment in Anthropic is more evidence that, at one level, large language models (LLM) are just weapons for use in the cloud wars. It is designed to capture more cloud computing revenue for AI workloads and boost the reputation of Amazon’s AI server chips. In addition, Amazon Bedrock, the foundation model garden, now has Meta’s Llama 2.
- OpenAI’s Giant Valuation Increase and ChatGPT Gets an Upgrade – The reported $80-$90 billion valuation that OpenAI is pitching has many levels of nuance. However, one element that doesn’t require nuance perception is the new 2023 revenue forecast. It beat the original estimate by 5x. ChatGPT also received a big upgrade this week and saw the return of internet browsing.
- Generative AI winners and losers of the week.
Generative AI News
Links to the stories we covered this week are included below.
Featured Stories of the Week 🔦
- Amazon Reshuffles LLM Ecosystems with an [up to] $4B Investment in Anthropic
- Amazon Bedrock Generative AI Service Widens Access and LLM Options
- What a $90B Valuation Says About OpenAI’s Traction and Revenue Growth
Generative AI Product Garden 🪴
- ChatGPT Reconnects to the Internet
- OpenAI Turns ChatGPT into a Voice Assistant That Can See and Understand Images and Speech
- Google Bard Can Create a Personal Knowledge Graph for Users and May Become an Assistant
- Meta Introduces Generative AI Chatbot Assistant and a Cast of Celebrity Chatbot Characters
- Generative AI Startup Mistral Releases Free ‘Open-Source’ 7.3B Parameter LLM
- Getty Images Has Launched a “Commercially Safe” Text-to-Image Generator
Generative AI Funding Fountain 💰⛲️
More About GAIN
The show is recorded live and streamed via YouTube and LinkedIn, typically at 11:00 am ET on Thursdays, but sometimes it is on Fridays due to schedule conflicts. You can re-watch each week’s discussion on Voicebot’s YouTube channel or just listen here, whatever works best for you.
Please join us live next week on YouTube or LinkedIn. Also, please participate in an upcoming live show by commenting, and we are likely to give you a shoutout and may even show your comment on screen.
Generative AI News Rundown 34 – Show Notes September 29, 2023
- Follow Bret Kinsella on Twitter and LinkedIn: @bretkinsella
- Follow Eric Schwartz on Twitter: @erichschwartz
- Get a free daily update on Generative AI news: Synthedia
Follow Me on LinkedIn