Generative AI News This Week – Cloud Wars and LLMs, NVIDIA Revenue, Mailchimp, Hubspot, Intuit, Zoom, OpenAI, and More – Voicebot Podcast Ep 350
We return this week with the Generative AI News (GAIN) rundown for September 8, 2023. Get ready for a lot of product announcements and some special segments on NVIDIA and how cloud providers are influencing the competitive landscape:
- NVIDIA Blowout revenue – GPU purchases are upstream of generative AI software sales. NVIDIA just announced a record quarter that was nearly double the previous quarter and quarterly record. It also forecasted a new revenue quarter for the next quarter. We put into context how this will flow down into cloud and software revenue.
- Cloud Wars and LLMs – What role do the cloud hyperscalers AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud play in the LLM competitive landscape? We look at the ecosystems and how cloud distribution could make or break an LLM’s adoption.
- Generative AI winners and losers of the week.
Commentary this week is led by Voicebot.ai’s head writer, Eric Schwartz, and Bret Kinsella from Synthedia and Voicebot. 😎
Generative AI News
Links to the stories we covered this week are included below, in case you want to dig deeper on any of these stories.
Featured Stories of the Week 🔦
- NVIDIA’s Monstrous Q2 Revenue Shows Generative AI Spending Ramp-up
- How the Cloud Hyperscalers are Shaping the Generative AI Market
Generative AI Product Garden 🪴
- Falcon 180B Shows That Open Models Can Rival Perfomance of leading Proprietary LLMs
- eBay’s New Generative AI Tool Creates Listings from Product Photos
- Marketing Platform HubSpot Showcases New Generative AI Strategy and Tools
- Intuit Assist Brings Generative AI Features and Chatbot for TurboTax and Mailchimp
- Zoom Expands and Renames Generative AI Assistant Following Privacy Furor
- Apple Enters the AI Race, Boosting Google in the Process
`Generative AI Funding Fountain 💰⛲️
- Context.ai Raises $3.5 Million for Generative AI Analytics
- Voice AI Reading Coach Startup Ello Raises $15M
Generative AI in the World 🌏
More About GAIN
The show is recorded live and streamed via YouTube and LinkedIn, typically at 11:00 am ET on Thursdays, but sometimes it is on Friday’s due to schedule conflicts. You can re-watch each week’s discussion on Voicebot’s YouTube channel or just listen here, whatever works best for you.
Please join us live next week on YouTube or LinkedIn. Also, please participate in an upcoming live show by commenting, and we are likely to give you a shoutout and may even show your comment on screen.
Generative AI News Rundown 30 – Show Notes September 8, 2023
- Follow Bret Kinsella on Twitter and LinkedIn: @bretkinsella
- Follow Eric Schwartz on Twitter: @erichschwartz
- Get a free daily update on Generative AI news: Synthedia