Generative AI News – ChatGPT’s Usage Stats, Anthropic’s Claude, Lots of Funding Rounds, Deepfakes and New Products – Voicebot Podcast 339
The Generative AI News (GAIN) rundown is back and was recorded on July 13, 2023. Special segments this week include:
- Anthropic’s ChatGPT competitor Claude 2 landed, and it has some intriguing features. The discussion also includes a quick demo.
- Is ChatGPT’s website traffic drop a reason for concern? We break down the numbers and touch on a new FTC action against OpenAI.
- We also give you a new list of generative AI winners and losers of the week.
My Voicebot.ai colleague Eric Schwartz joins me today to go deep on the news.
Generative AI News
Top Stories of the Week
- Anthropic’s ChatGPT Alternative Claude 2 Has an Awesome New Feature and is Now Available to Everyone
- ChatGPT Web Traffic Drops. Is Generative AI’s Hype Cycle Ready to Plunge?
- OpenAI Makes the GPT-4, DALL-E, Whisper, and ChatGPT Model APIs Generally Available
- FTC Investigating ChatGPT-maker OpenAI for Possible Consumer Harm
Generative AI Funding Fountain
- Voices.ai Raises $6M for Real-time AI Voice Filter
- Resemble AI Raises $8M and Launches Deepfake Voice Detector
- Generative AI Prompt Engineering Startup Vellum.ai Raises $5M
- UK Startup Prolific Raises $32M to Expand 120K-Person Network of Generative AI Model Testers
- KPMG Plans $2B Investment in AI and Cloud Services
- AI Seen Fueling Microsoft to $3T Value in Morgan Stanley Model
Generative AI Product Garden
- Shutterstock Follows Adobe and Offers Legal Protection from Generative AI Copyright Claims
- Unity Unveils Generative AI Marketplace for Video Game Developers
- X.ai to Formally Launch Business on Friday
Brands in Generative AI Lands
- Mayo Clinic Begins Testing Google Med-PaLM 2 Generative AI Model
- Gizmodo the Latest Media Publisher to Notch a Generative AI Fail
- Virgin Cruises Adopts Deepfake Jennifer Lopez as Spokesmodel
More About GAIN
The show is recorded live and streamed via YouTube and LinkedIn at 11:00 am ET on Thursdays. You can re-watch each week’s discussion on Voicebot’s YouTube channel. You can also view this entire podcast on YouTube or just listen here. Whatever works best for you.
Please join us live next week on YouTube or LinkedIn. Also, please participate in an upcoming live show by commenting, and we are likely to give you a shoutout and may even show your comment on screen.
Generative AI News Rundown 23 – Show Notes July 13, 2023
- Follow Bret Kinsella on Twitter and LinkedIn: @bretkinsella
- Follow Eric Schwartz on Twitter: @erichschwartz
- Get a free daily update on Generative AI news: Synthedia