Generative AI News – Busting AI Myths, Giant Funding Rounds, AI in Education and Media, and More – Voicebot Podcast 337
Host notes – My apologies about the audio quality. We recorded on the road, and the mic setup didn’t work as planned. The audio quality is a bit stronger on the YouTube video than on the podcast, but definitely a bit below our standard at Voicebot. However, the conversation and guest commentary is very good, and it seems to be easy enough to follow after the first five minutes, so I wanted to put it out there as a resource. In particular, I think you will like the discussion around LLMs and the Theory of Mind, generative AI in education, and the potential erosion of generative AI startup valuations. Give it a go and let me know what you think. Also, please give the video a click and a like.
The Generative AI News (GAIN) rundown this week was recorded on July 6, 2023. Some special segments include:
- Mythical generative AI capabilities. From the theory of mind to general AI to emergent abilities, generative AI claims keep getting proven wrong.
- The generative AI funding fountain continues to be strong, but we discuss whether some companies are struggling to grow into their high valuations.
- We also give you a new list of generative AI winners and losers of the week.
Many thanks to my guests and co-hosts this week Tobias Dengel and Patrick Wright of WillowTree. They brought an interesting perspective on AI capabilities, education, and funding.
Generative AI News
Links related to the top stories are included below for anyone that wants to dig deeper into a topic.
Top Story of the Week
Generative AI Funding Fountain
- Inflection AI Raises $1.3 Billion
- Runway Lands $141 Million in New Funding
- Typeface Raises $100 Million for Branded Synthetic Media Platform
- Generative AI Content Startup Scriptic Raises $5.7 Million
- Generative AI Productivity Startup Dust Raises $5.5 Million
Generative AI in the World
- German News Publisher CEO Confirms Generative AI will Replace Jobs
- 24 Top UK Universities Draft New AI Principles – Commit to Generative AI Education
More About GAIN
The show is recorded live and streamed via YouTube and LinkedIn at 12 noon ET on Thursdays. You can re-watch each week’s discussion on Voicebot’s YouTube channel. You can also view this entire podcast on YouTube or just listen here. Whatever works best for you.
Please join us live next week on YouTube or LinkedIn. Also, please participate in an upcoming live show by commenting, and we are likely to give you a shoutout and may even show your comment on screen.
Generative AI News Rundown 22 – Show Notes July 6, 2023
- Follow Bret Kinsella on Twitter and LinkedIn: @bretkinsella
- Follow WillowTree on Twitter and the web: @willowtreeapps willowtreeapps.com
- Get a free daily update on Generative AI news: Synthedia