Generative AI News – Deepfake Market Data, Biden AI Rules, Anthropic Gets $2B, LexisNexis, ChatGPT, RedPajama & More – Voicebot Podcast 359
Generative AI News
Featured Stories of the Week 🔦
- Deepfake consumer sentiment – Key findings from a survey of 2,000 U.S. adults shed new light on consumer awareness, experience, and concerns related to deepfakes and voice clones.
- White House issues regulation – President Biden issued an executive order with far-reaching implications for AI regulation. While it was promoted as rules for how the federal government will approach generative AI, its scope will touch a wide swath of the industry and impact how the companies operate.
- Generative AI winners and losers of the week.
Generative AI Funding Fountain 💰⛲️
- Anthropic Secures $2 Billion in New Funding from Google
- Clinical Generative AI Assistant Startup Abridge Raises $30M
- Cleanlab Raises $25M to Wipe Out Generative AI Hallucinations
Generative AI Product Garden 🪴
- RedPajama’s Giant 30T Token Dataset Shows that Data is the Next Frontier in LLMs
- OpenAI Teaches ChatGPT to Read PDFs and Pick Tools Without Being Asked
- Poe Starts Sharing Revenue With Generative AI Chatbot Developers in New Creator Economy
- LinkedIn Premium Launches Generative AI Personalization of Posts and Job Listings
- Square Adds Generative AI Tools for Small Businesses
- Amazon Rolls Out New Image Generation Tools for Seller Ads
- Google Rolls Out Generative AI Image Creator for Advertisers and Businesses
- LexisNexis Launches Lexis+ AI, Generative AI for Lawyers Powered by OpenAI and Anthropic
Generative AI in the World 🌏
- The Push Back Against Generative AI Alarmists and Anti-Open-Source Regulation Has Begun
- Joint Statement on AI Safety and Openness
- Google Brain founder says big tech is lying about AI extinction danger
- AI one-percenters seizing power forever is the real doomsday scenario, warns AI godfather
More About GAIN
GAIN is recorded live and streamed via YouTube and LinkedIn on Thursdays. You can re-watch each week’s discussion on Voicebot’s YouTube channel. Please join us live next week on YouTube or LinkedIn at 11 a.m. ET. Also, please participate in the live show by commenting, and we are likely to give you a shoutout and may even show your comment on screen.
Generative AI News Rundown 38 – Show Notes November 2, 2023
- Follow Bret Kinsella on Twitter and LinkedIn: @bretkinsella
- Follow Eric Schwartz on Twitter: @erichschwartz
- Get a free daily update on Generative AI news: Synthedia
Follow Me on LinkedIn