Generative AI News – New ChatGPT Features, Identifying AI Text, Perplexity, Grammarly, and More – Voicebot Podcast 342
Eric Schwartz, the head writer at Voicebot.ai, was joined by GAIN producer and Synthedia researcher Andrew Herndon.
Generative AI News – Featured Stories of the Week
- OpenAI introduces Custom Instructions to add personalization to ChatGPT.
- OpenAI removed its Text Classifier that was supposed to identify whether content was AI-written because it didn’t work. Of course, Turnitin and others still say they can spot AI-written text, but provides no evidence to back up the claims. Synthedia was the first to break this story BTW.
- The ChatGPT App for Android racked up over 1 million downloads in 24 hours, more than a week faster than the iOS app reached that milestone. Synthedia also was the first to break this story 😀.
Generative AI Product Garden
- Perplexity AI adds image search and debuts a Llama 2 integration.
- Stability AI introduces Stable XL 1.0
- Grammarly introduces new generative AI features for students with GrammarlyGo.
- Wayfair introduces generative AI for virtual interior creations
- Frontier Model Forum from OpenAI, Microsoft, Google, and Anthropic seeks to monitor generative AI development.
- AI developers to adopt the White House’s AI Safety Principles
- Generative AI winners and losers of the week.
More About GAIN
The show is recorded live and streamed via YouTube and LinkedIn at 11:00 am ET on Thursdays. You can re-watch each week’s discussion on Voicebot’s YouTube channel or just listen here; whatever works best for you.
Please join us live next week on YouTube or LinkedIn. Also, please participate in an upcoming live show by commenting, and we are likely to give you a shoutout and may even show your comment on screen.
Generative AI News Rundown 25 – Show Notes July 27, 2023
- Follow Bret Kinsella on Twitter and LinkedIn: @bretkinsella
- Follow Eric Schwartz on Twitter: @erichschwartz
- Get a free daily update on Generative AI news: Synthedia