Generative AI News – GPT-5 Rumors, G3PO from OpenAI, Generative Google Assistant, Inworld, Meta, and More – Voicebot Podcast Ep 343
Eric Schwartz, the head writer at Voicebot.ai, joined Bret Kinsella to break down the top Generative AI News (GAIN) of the week.
Generative AI News – Featured Stories this Week
- OpenAI rumors spread for GPT-5 and the open-source G3PO. Is this the response to Meta’s Llama 2?
- Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa are both expected to add generative AI capabilities in 2023. Could this finally lead to the blending of doing and knowing assistants?
Generative AI Funding Fountain
- Inworld raised another $50M+ to bring total funding to around $120 million and now claims to have a $500 million valuation.
Generative AI Product Garden
- Meta releases the open-source text-to-sound generator AudioCraft.
- Apple removes over 100 iOS apps from the Chinese App Store in advance of the new generative AI rules taking effect.
- Google Deepmind debuts a new generative AI communication language for instructing robots. And it works!
- Stack Overflow announced tentative steps into generative AI land with OverflowAI.
- News mobile app Artifact introduces celebrity voice clones you can have read the news to you.
Winners and Losers
- We concluded with our generative AI winners and losers of the week.
More About GAIN
The show is recorded live and streamed via YouTube and LinkedIn at 11:00 am ET on Thursdays. You can re-watch each week’s discussion on Voicebot’s YouTube channel or just listen here, whatever works best for you.
Please join us live next week on YouTube or LinkedIn. Also, please participate in an upcoming live show by commenting, and we are likely to give you a shoutout and may even show your comment on screen.
Generative AI News Rundown 26 – Show Notes August 3, 2023
- Follow Bret Kinsella on Twitter and LinkedIn: @bretkinsella
- Follow Eric Schwartz on Twitter: @erichschwartz
- Get a free daily update on Generative AI news: Synthedia