Generative AI News – Meta’s AI Adventures, Bard on Assistant, MrBeast, Cohere, LinkedIn and More – Voicebot Podcast 355
This installment of the Generative AI News (GAIN) rundown that kicks off a new month and a new quarter. Featured stories this week include:
- Deepfake scams more frequent – Recent deepfakes of MrBeast and Tom Hanks highlight the proliferation of deepfake-fueled fraud and the lack of detection tools on social media (and elsewhere, for that matter).
- The assistants rise again – Bard is coming to Google Assistant, while Meta AI is a new assistant that Mark Zuckerberg doesn’t seem to have much enthusiasm for. What he is enthusiastic about is the new AI characters, which are entertainment-oriented as opposed to the productivity-focused Bard, ChatGPT, Claude, and so on. We break down the different classes of assistants and what you should actually expect from the marriage of Bard and Google Assistant.
- Generative AI winners and losers of the week.
Generative AI News
Links to the stories we covered this week are included below.
Featured Stories of the Week 🔦
- MrBeast and Tom Hanks Followers the Latest Victims of Deepfake Scams
- Bard Comes to Google Assistant
- Meta AI is a Generative AI Assistant, but the AI Characters Shift Focus to Entertainment
Generative AI Funding Fountain 💰⛲️
- Generative AI Learning Startup Gizmo Raises $3.5M
- Ex-Tinder CEO’s Generative AI Relationship Mentor Startup Meeno Raises $3.9M
- Visa Creates $100M Generative AI Startup Investment Fund
Generative AI Product Garden 🪴
- Cohere Rolls Out Enterprise Generative AI Chatbot API
- LinkedIn Unveils Generative AI Hiring and Learning Tools
- Meta: Generative AI features for ads coming to all advertisers
- Instagram Founders’ Artifact News App Adds AI-Generated Images, Gets More Confusing
Generative AI in the World 🌏
More About GAIN
The show is recorded live and streamed via YouTube and LinkedIn, typically at 11:00 am ET on Thursdays, but sometimes it is on Fridays due to schedule conflicts. You can re-watch each week’s discussion on Voicebot’s YouTube channel or just listen here, whatever works best for you.
Please join us live next week on YouTube or LinkedIn. Also, please participate in an upcoming live show by commenting, and we are likely to give you a shoutout and may even show your comment on screen.
Generative AI News Rundown 35 – Show Notes October 5, 2023
- Follow Bret Kinsella on Twitter and LinkedIn: @bretkinsella
- Follow Eric Schwartz on Twitter: @erichschwartz
- Get a free daily update on Generative AI news: Synthedia
Follow Me on LinkedIn