Generative AI News – Llama 2 Shakes up LLM Market, GPT-4 May Not Be Degrading, Apple GPT, Wix, AP, AI21, SAP, and More – Voicebot Podcast 340
Here is the Generative AI News (GAIN) rundown for July 20, 2023. Special segments this week include:
- Meta launches Llama 2, making it open source and free for commercial use. We talk about the implications for the LLM market.
- Did GPT-4’s performance really degrade, as has been reported? We look at the research paper results, evaluate the methodology and consider a rebuttal.
- We also cover the generative AI winners and losers of the week.
My Voicebot.ai colleague Eric Schwartz joined me this week, and we went in-depth on the top news.
Generative AI News
Links related to the stories are included below if you want to go deeper into any topics.
Top Stories of the Week
- Meta Just Became a Big Player in the LLM World, Making Llama 2 Free and Open Source
- New Research Says GPT-4 is Getting Worse. But is it True?
Generative AI Funding Fountain
- Cognaize Raises $18M to Build a Better LLM for the Finance Sector
- Preply Closes Out Series C at $120M and Doubles Down on AI
- SAP Announces Investments in Aleph Alpha, Anthropic, and Cohere
Generative AI Product Garden
- “Apple GPT” is Built on the Secret Large Language Model Ajax
- Microsoft Unveils Bing Chat Enterprise
- AI21 Labs Combats Generative AI Hallucinations With New Contextual Answers API
- Wix Text-to-Website Showcases How Copilots Streamline Complex Tasks and Can Shape Expectations
- Jasper AI Laying Off Staff 9 Months After $125M Raise
Brands in Generative AI Lands
- Associated Press Licenses its News Archive to OpenAI and will Begin Using LLMs
- Deepfake Scam Video Features British Consumer Champion Martin Lewis and Elon Musk
More About GAIN
The show is recorded live and streamed via YouTube and LinkedIn at 11:00 am ET on Thursdays. You can re-watch each week’s discussion on Voicebot’s YouTube channel. You can also view this entire podcast on YouTube or just listen here. Whatever works best for you.
Please join us live next week on YouTube or LinkedIn. Also, please participate in an upcoming live show by commenting, and we are likely to give you a shoutout and may even show your comment on screen.
Generative AI News Rundown 23 – Show Notes July 13, 2023
- Follow Bret Kinsella on Twitter and LinkedIn: @bretkinsella
- Follow Eric Schwartz on Twitter: @erichschwartz
- Get a free daily update on Generative AI news: Synthedia