Generative AI News – A Lawyer’s ChatGPT Debacle, Nvidia, OpenAI, Runway, TikTok, Spotify, and More – Voicebot Podcast Ep 328
The Generative AI News (GAIN) rundown for June 1, 2023, is here. We have some special segments for you today with hosts Eric Schwartz from Voicebot.ai and Bret Kinsella. These include:
- An Nvidia video demo of a humanlike conversation with an in-game non-player character
- Live demos of Bing search inside of ChatGPT and Google Bard’s similarity
- A short video showing how the Google Search Generative Experience beta release works.
Eric and Bret also introduced a new segment, generative AI winners and losers of the week. I am sure you will find that to be a fun addition to the show.
***Note: There are a couple of videos that we ran on the live video stream that did not record properly, so there were removed from the audio.
Generative AI News
This week’s top stories include multiple NVIDIA announcements, OpenAI’s new AI reasoning capabilities, Runway’s big payday and Google’s investment, Spotify voice clones may be coming, TikTok tests a generative AI-powered assistant, how search is changing, and, of course, the lawyer’s ChatGPT debacle.
Please double-click on the video above and give us a like 👍. I’d appreciate the help with YouTube’s AI black box algorithms. 😀🎉🚀
Links related to the top stories are included below in case you’d like to explore the news in more detail. Let me know what you think about this week’s topics and commentary.
- Nvidia ACE for Games Brings Humanlike Conversation to NPCs
- Nvidia WPP Collaboration
- OpenAI’s Improved Mathematical Reasoning
- Google SGE First Look at Conversational Search to Rival ChatGPT and Bing Chat
- Perplexity Adds New Copilot Features and an Android App
- Runway Just Netted $100 in Cash and a New Giant Valuation
- TikTok Starts Testing Generative AI Chatbot Tako
- Spotify to Offer Voice Clones to Podcasters and Advertisers
- Lawyer Faces Sanctions After Submitting Brief Written by ChatGPT with Erroneous Legal Citations
- Falcon-40B Becomes the Top Performing Open Source LLM
More About GAIN
The show is recorded live and streamed via YouTube and LinkedIn at 12 noon ET on Thursdays. You can re-watch each week’s discussion on Voicebot’s YouTube channel. You can also view this entire podcast on YouTube or just listen here. Whatever works best for you.
Please join us live next week on YouTube or LinkedIn. Also, please participate in an upcoming live show by commenting, and we are likely to give you a shoutout and may even show your comment on screen.
Generative AI News Rundown 17 – Show Notes June 1, 2023
- Follow Bret Kinsella on Twitter and LinkedIn: @bretkinsella
- Follow Eric Schwartz on Twitter: @erichschwartz
- Get a free daily update on Generative AI news: Synthedia