Generative AI News 14 – Google Bard and Other IO Announcements, Bing Chat, The White House, Wendy’s, and More – Voicebot Podcast 322
The Generative AI News (GAIN) rundown for May 11, 2023, is here. Special guest and Google Developer Expert (GDE) Allen Firstenberg joined me to go in-depth on all the Google I/O stories. We discuss Bard, extensions, conversational search, the PaLM and Gemini models, and much more. We also review the “Google Has No [generative AI] Moat” memo.
That is followed by a discussion of Wendy’s adoption of Google PaLM for drive-thru order taking, Bing Chat going general availability worldwide, the White House’s efforts around AI, and a developer that created mini-Trip Advisor website targeting families with children with 2370 activities in 237 cities, 2,600 images, and nearly 250,000 words. He did this in two days and spent $53. The implications are significant.
I hope you enjoy the show. Don’t miss Allen’s commentary on these items in the video. Given his role as a GDE and independent ambassador for several Google technologies, he has particularly interesting insights into Google’s moves, lack of progress on many fronts, and unrecognized progress on others.
- Bard Breakdown
- Top Google I/O Announcements
- Wendy’s Chooses Google PaLM for Drive-thru Automation
- Google Has No Moat [READ THIS!]
- Bing Chat Now Available to Everyone
- The White House Brings in AI Leaders and Announces New Research Labs
- A Developer Shows How to Re-create Trip Advisor with ChatGPT and DALL-E
More About GAIN
The show is recorded live and streamed via YouTube and LinkedIn at 12 noon ET on Thursdays. You can re-watch each week’s discussion on Voicebot’s YouTube channel. Please join us live next week on YouTube or LinkedIn. Also, please participate in the live show by commenting, and we are likely to give you a shoutout and may even show your comment on screen.
GENERATIVE AI NEWS RUNDOWN – SHOW NOTES May 11, 2023
- Follow Bret Kinsella on Twitter and LinkedIn: @bretkinsella
- Follow Eric Schwartz on Twitter: @erichschwartz
- Get a free daily update on Generative AI news: Synthedia