Generative AI News 15 – AI Virtual Girlfriend, OpenAI on Capitol Hill, Amazon, Anthropic, Meta, Zoom, and More – Voicebot Podcast 323
Here is the Generative AI News (GAIN) rundown for May 18, 2023. Eric Schwartz from Voicebot.ai and Bret Kinsella (that’s me) break down the biggest industry stories of the week. Some of those stories include OpenAI, Amazon, Meta, Microsoft, Anthropic, Zoom, Gather, and an AI virtual girlfriend that went viral.
– Has Alexa been generative AI all along? Amazon says so, sort of. But is it true?
– Are we emerging from the AI Autopilot Era to the Copilot Era with more human control? Satya Nadella says so. But is it true?
Links related to the top stories are included below in case you’d like to explore the news in more detail. Let me know what you think about this week’s topics and commentary.
- AI Virtual Girlfriend Nets $72K in its first week
- Amazon surpasses 500M Alexa devices, but do its claims of generative AI leadership ring true?
- OpenAI’s Sam Altman wows U.S. Senators, asks them to regulate AI
- Satya Nadella says the AI copilot era is more human friendly than the AI autopilot era
- Anthropic introduces a giant LLM context window
- Zoom to add Anthropic to its feature set
- Gather raises $20M for opensource generative AI
- Meta has new generative AI tools for advertisers
- ChatGPT Pluse subscribers now have access to Plugins!
More About GAIN
The show is recorded live and streamed via YouTube and LinkedIn at 12 noon ET on Thursdays. You can re-watch each week’s discussion on Voicebot’s YouTube channel. You can also view this entire podcast on YouTube or just listen here. Whatever works best for you.
Please join us live next week on YouTube or LinkedIn. Also, please participate in an upcoming live show by commenting, and we are likely to give you a shoutout and may even show your comment on screen.
GENERATIVE AI NEWS RUNDOWN – SHOW NOTES May 18, 2023
- Follow Bret Kinsella on Twitter and LinkedIn: @bretkinsella
- Follow Eric Schwartz on Twitter: @erichschwartz
- Get a free daily update on Generative AI news: Synthedia