Anne Spalter on Art and AI Text-to-Image Generators – Voicebot Podcast Ep 277
Anne Spalter is a world-renowned artist with artwork in museums, galleries, and collections throughout the globe. She is known for having created the curriculum for the first university-level digital art programs. That work was for the Rhode Island School of Design and Brown University in the 1990s.
More recently, Anne has emerged as a pioneer in creating fine art using AI-based text-to-image generators. She launched a collection of 501 pieces earlier this year called AI spaceships, which she made into NFTs, and they sold out in an hour. That collaboration was with Night Cafe. Since then, she has launched a new art show which includes a variety of artwork using OpenAI’s DALL-E and Midjourney, which are other prominent text-to-image generators.
Anne offers a perspective on the rise of synthetic media and how it is being received and used in the art world. She also shares some pro tips on how to use the new tools.
This interview was conducted at the Synthedia synthetic media conference hosted by Voicebot in September. You can see video recordings of all of the interviews from that conference on Voicebot’s YouTube channel and the synthetic media playlist.
Anne Spalter Interview
- Follow Anne on Twitter and the web: @AnneSpalter @annespalter.com
- Read more about AI Image generators: Midjourney AI-Generated Art Wins Colorado State Fair Prize
- Check out the interview on YouTube: Anne Spalter, AI Spaceships, and New Tools for Artistic Creation
- Read hundreds of articles on synthetic media: Synthetic Media News
- Get daily synthetic media news in your inbox: Synthedia