Ilya Gelfenbeyn and Kylan Gibbs of Inworld on Voice AI in the Metaverse – Voicebot Podcast Ep 253
Ilya Gelfenbeyn is CEO and Kylan Gibbs is chief product officer of Inworld. The company has a novel voice AI service that gives brains to in-game and metaverse characters and enables them to have personalities, backstories, knowledge, and the ability to converse. The solution employs conversational AI technologies for configuring characters and operating them in virtual worlds.
There is a lot of talk about metaverses and how conversational AI may play a role. Inworld has a novel approach to this question. It employs conversational AI for what they call non-player characters (NPC) so users can interact with them as if they are other human users. The solution also enables you to create these characters using natural language inputs to describe what the NPCs know and how they interact with users. There are immediate uses for games that have NPCs. In addition, metaverse spaces are growing quickly and this is a solution to populating sparsely inhabited virtual worlds with interesting characters to interact with.
Gelfenbeyn was CEO and co-founder of API.ai which was acquired by Google in 2016 and became Dialogflow. Gibbs is the former product manager for conversational AI products at DeepMind.
Ilya Gelfenbeyn and Kylan Gibbs Interview – Inworld
- Follow Inworld on Twitter and the web: @inworld_ai inworld.ai
- Follow Ilya Gelfenbeyn and Kylan Gibbs on Twitter: @gelfenbeyn @kylangibbs
- Read about Inworld’s recent funding round in Voicebot: Metaverse Virtual Being Company Inworld Raises $10 Million
- Read about Inworld’s beta release in Voicebot: Inworld Debuts Metaverse Character Builder
- Hear Ilya Gelfenbeyn on Voicebot Podcast in 2021: Ilya Gelfenbeyn Founding CEO of API.ai / Dialogflow – Voicebot Podcast Ep 197
- Check out our episode sponsor and their end-to-end voice AI models: Deepgram.com/voicebotai
You can listen to the podcast interview above, on Google or Apple Podcasts, or most of the leading podcast players.