Keyvan Mohajer CEO of SoundHound on 18 Years to a Billion Dollar Voice Assistant – Voicebot Podcast Ep 255
Keyvan Mohajer is CEO of SoundHound (SOUN), the creator of both a beloved music recognition mobile app and one of the most successful custom voice assistant development platforms. The company recently went public and carries a market capitalization of over $1 billion. We talk about the volatility of the stock but the real focus is drilling down into the company’s business model, the use cases, and what the market wants in voice assistant technology today.
Mohajer founded SoundHound in 2004 while studying for his PhD in Electrical Engineering at Stanford. The company’s voice assistant technology is used in solutions for companies ranging from Mercedes and Hyundai to Snap, Netflix, and White Castle. Its music recognition mobile app has been downloaded more than 300 million times.
His last appearance on the Voicebot Podcast was in episode 41 from 2018. That was released the day SoundHound announced $100 million in venture financing. Four years later and SoundHound has raised another $100 million but this time from public markets and with a more robust story to tell.
Keyvan Mohajer Interview – SoundHound
- Follow SoundHound on Twitter and the web: @SoundHoundInc SoundHound.com
- Follow Keyvan Mohajer on Twitter: @keyvanm
- Read about SoundHound going public in Voicebot: SoundHound Goes Public on NASDAQ Following SPAC Merger
- Read about SoundHound news in Voicebot: Vizio Will Integrate SoundHound Voice AI Across Smart TV Line
- Hear Keyvan Mohajer in Voicebot Podcast Ep 41: SoundHound CEO Keyvan Mohajer on $100 Million Funding Round – Voicebot Podcast Ep 41
- Check out our episode sponsor and their end-to-end voice AI models: Deepgram.com/voicebotai
You can listen to the podcast interview above, on Google or Apple Podcasts, or most of the leading podcast players.