SoundHound CEO Keyvan Mohajer Discusses the Hound Voice Assistant and $100 Million Funding Round – Voicebot Podcast Ep. 41
Keyvan Mohajer is co-founder and CEO of Soundhound, known for the app that will tell you in seconds what song is playing. The company is becoming even more famous for inventing the Hound voice assistant that is designed to rival Google Assistant and Alexa, but enable app owners to maintain control of the user experience and data. Keyvan talks about founding SoundHound in 2004 while earning his PhD in Electrical Engineering at Stanford, building the music recognition business and growing the Hound platform to over 65,000 developers while landing big clients ranging from Hyundai to Mayfield Robotics.
This Voicebot exclusive is the first interview of Keyvan Mohajer after announcing the May 2018 funding round of $100 million led by Daimler, Hyundai, Tencent, Orange and Midea Group. Mr. Mohajer discusses the origins of the Houndify platform and Hound voice assistant along with how the company has built technology over the past 12 years and what it has done since the 2017 $75 million funding round.
Show Notes – Keyvan Mohajer Interview
- Find Keyvan Mohajer and SoundHound on Twitter and the web: @SoundHound SoundHound @keyvanm
- Read about SoundHound’s $100 million funding round: SoundHound Lands $100 Million
- Read about SoundHound at CES with Hyundai: Hound Lands in Hyundai Cars
- Read about SoundHound’s partnership with Acapela Group: SoundHound Adds 32 Languages to Hound
- Listen to Episode 1 of Voicebot Podcast: Katie McMahon of SoundHound
You can listen to the podcast interview above or at any of the locations below.