Bixby from a Developer Perspective with Murphy, Kibbe and Haas – Voicebot Podcast Ep 70
Following up on our Podcast with Adam Cheyer (Ep 69), Samsung Bixby’s engineering leader, I caught up with some developers and researchers that have worked with Bixby 2.0. We start off with Joe Murphy, founder of Vocalize.ai which is the leading benchmarking company for smart speaker performance. Then, Roger Kibbe, the best-in-show winner of the Samsung Bixby Developer Showcase contest, breaks down how Bixby works from a developer perspective. He goes deep into how the Bixby NLU works, the dev environment, and his rationale for supporting the Samsung platform. Pete Haas was also a finalist for Bixby developer showcase and offers his perspective on the Bixby IDE, building an eCommerce capsule for the platform, and how he needed to adjust to the Bixby voodoo.
Show Notes – Joe Murphy, Roger Kibbe, Pete Haas Interview
- Learn more Joe Murphy and Vocalize on the web: Vocalize.ai
- Read about Vocalize.ai research on Voicebot.ai: Google Assistant Takes Lead in Understanding Users with Accents
- You can follow Roger Kibbe on Twitter and the web: @RogerKibbe
- You can follow Pete Haas and Conversation Curve on Twitter and web: @PeteHaas PeteHaas.com
- Read about the Bixby 2.0 Launch: Bixby Could Land in 500 Million Devices Annually
- Access the new Samsung Bixby developer materials here: bixby.developers.samsung.com or bixbydevelopers.com
- Learn more about Bixby: Samsung Bixby Overview
- See a demo of Bixby from Samsung Note 9 launch: Signs that Samsung Bixby 2.0 Will be Smarter
You can listen to the podcast interview above or at any of the locations below.