Adam Cheyer Co-founder of Siri and Viv and Engineering Lead Behind Bixby 2.0 – Voicebot Podcast Ep 69
Adam Cheyer is a co-founder of Siri and Viv. He is the technical horsepower and visionary behind the original Siri on the iPhone 4s and Bixby 2.0 which rolled out this year on Samsung’s Galaxy Note 9. I caught up with Adam at the Samsung Developer Conference in San Francisco shortly after he presented an overview of Bixby’s new IDE for developers. We go back to the first digital assistant he developed while at Stanford Research Institute in the 1990’s and trace a 25-year path that culminated this week in Bixby 2.0’s official launch.
Cheyer is currently a VP of Engineering of Viv Labs and Vice President of R&D at Samsung. He is also a founding member of Change.org and Sentient. Earlier in his career, Adam held executive roles at SRI International in the computer-human interaction center and the artificial intelligence center. He earned an undergraduate computer science degree from Brandeis and an M.S. in computer science from UCLA. He is a true pioneer in the fields of artificial intelligence, voice, and virtual assistants.
This is the #VoiceFirst interview of the year!
— Brian Roemmele (@BrianRoemmele) November 12, 2018
Show Notes – Adam Cheyer Interview
- Read about the Bixby 2.0 Launch: Bixby Could Land in 500 Million Devices Annually
- Learn more about Adam Cheyer here: adam.cheyer.com
- Access the new Samsung Bixby developer materials here: bixby.developers.samsung.com or bixbydevelopers.com
- Learn more about Viv Labs: Viv.ai
- Learn more about Bixby: Samsung Bixby Overview
- See a demo of Bixby from Samsung Note 9 launch: Signs that Samsung Bixby 2.0 Will be Smarter
You can listen to the podcast interview above or at any of the locations below.