Two Weeks of Generative AI News – SEO in Crisis, OpenAI Economics, Midjourney, Google, Baidu, NVIDIA & More – Voicebot Podcast 357
This past week’s Generative AI News (GAIN) rundown covers two weeks of news. Eric Schwartz of Voicebot.ai and I jammed in 16 different news stories and a few other tidbits in this double roundup.
Also, if you want our 2x weekly newsletter with headlines and links to additional top generative AI stories (no write-ups, just links to stories, most of which we don’t have time to write about here or in Synthedia), subscribe on LinkedIn.
Featured stories this week include:
- OpenAI Economics – OpenAI is generating a lot of revenue from ChatGPT Plus subscriptions and API usage by software providers. However, the popularity of Azure OpenAI Service is siphoning off many of those API customers as they move into production on Azure, which means lower margins for the LLM kings.
- SEO in Crisis? – Generative AI search is about to reap substantial change in the SEO industry, and we consider the analysis of a Texas A&M marketing professor’s warning that the current crop of SEO consultants may be facing extinction.
- Foundation Models and Transparency – Stanford researchers have a new 100-point generative AI model transparency checklist. We consider the good, the bad, and the ugly of this endeavor.
- Generative AI winners and losers of the week.
Generative AI News
Featured Stories of the Week 🔦
- The Implication of OpenAI’s False Start on Arrakis
- Will Generative AI Search Kill Traditional Search and SEO at the Same Time?
- Measuring Foundation Model Transparency
Generative AI Funding Fountain 💰⛲️
- Luiza Nets $10M in Funding for Generative AI Assistant That Lives in WhatsApp and Telegram
- AI Efficiency Startup CentML Raises $27M
- Deepfake Generative AI Detection Startup Reality Defender Raises $15M
- Generative AI Music Startup Riffusion Raises $4M
Generative AI Product Garden 🪴
- Midjourney’s First Generative AI Art Mobile App is (Almost) All Anime, All the Time
- Google Adds Broad Generative AI Indemnity, But You Might Want to Note the Exceptions
- Google Search Rolls Out AI-Powered Speaking Practice for Language Learners
- Google Search Generative Experience will Create Images and Provide Writing Assistance. Is This Bard?
- Baidu Rolls Out Ernie 4.0 Generative AI Model Rivaling GPT-4
- Generative AI is the Star of Qualcomm’s Next-Gen Chips
- Deutsche Telekom and SK Telecom Team Up to Build Customer Service LLM
- Nvidia Leverages GPT-4 for New Robot-Training AI Agent
Generative AI in the World 🌏
More About GAIN
The show is recorded live and streamed via YouTube and LinkedIn, typically at 11:00 am ET on Thursdays, but sometimes it is on Fridays due to schedule conflicts. You can re-watch each week’s discussion on Voicebot’s YouTube channel or just listen here, whatever works best for you.
Please join us live next week on YouTube or LinkedIn. Also, please participate in an upcoming live show by commenting, and we are likely to give you a shoutout and may even show your comment on screen.
Generative AI News Rundown 37 – Show Notes October 16 and 23, 2023
- Follow Bret Kinsella on Twitter and LinkedIn: @bretkinsella
- Follow Eric Schwartz on Twitter: @erichschwartz
- Get a free daily update on Generative AI news: Synthedia
Follow Me on LinkedIn