Generative AI News This Week – NVIDIA GPU Performance Gains, Roblox and Salesforce Copilots, Jobs at Risk from Generative AI and More – Voicebot Podcast 352
- The Generative AI News (GAIN) rundown for September 14, 2023 is here. We are seeing another acceleration in the news cycle. Featured stories this week include:
- NVIDIA and the Chip Industry Rises – New GPU performance gains for existing H100 chips, the expected improvements from the GH200, and a revenue rise for the global semiconductor industry.
- Jobs at Risk From Generative AI – A Forrester study calls out some professions that will be most impacted by generative AI automation and will either eliminate jobs or create the need for new skills.
- LLMs that Reason and Act – We discuss the Imbue funding round and why enabling LLMs that reason and agents that can act on our behalf requires total company focus to reach the objective.
- Generative AI winners and losers of the week.
Generative AI News
Links to the stories we covered this week are included below.
Featured Stories of the Week 🔦
- NVIDIA Drives Higher GPU Performance and Sets a New Standard in MLPerf Benchmark
- NVIDIA “Superchip” Blast Past AI Benchmarks
- Generative AI Gives Global Semiconductor Revenue a Lift After More Than a Year of Delines
- What Jobs Are at Most Risk From Generative AI Automation
`Generative AI Funding Fountain 💰⛲️
- Imbue Raises $200M to Build Foundation Models that Reason
- Databricks Raises $500M at a $43B Valuation
- Generative AI Infrastructure Hardware Startup Enfabrica Raises $125M
- ChatGPT-Powered Conversational AI Startup Druid Raises $30M
Generative AI Product Garden 🪴
- Salesforce’s Einstein Copilot is Positioned as a Conversational AI Assistant for CRM
- Roblox Debuts Generative AI Assistant for Building Virtual Worlds
- Adobe Firefly is Here, It’s Free, It’s in Photoshop and Illustrator, and Has an Early Midjourney Feel
- Anthropic Launches Paid Generative AI Chatbot Claude Pro
Generative AI in the World 🌏
More About GAIN
The show is recorded live and streamed via YouTube and LinkedIn, typically at 11:00 am ET on Thursdays, but sometimes it is on Fridays due to schedule conflicts. You can re-watch each week’s discussion on Voicebot’s YouTube channel or just listen here, whatever works best for you.
Please join us live next week on YouTube or LinkedIn. Also, please participate in an upcoming live show by commenting, and we are likely to give you a shoutout and may even show your comment on screen.
Generative AI News Rundown 32 – Show Notes September 14, 2023
- Follow Bret Kinsella on Twitter and LinkedIn: @bretkinsella
- Follow Eric Schwartz on Twitter: @erichschwartz
- Get a free daily update on Generative AI news: Synthedia