Generative AI News Rundown 6 – GPT-4, MS 365 Copilot, Google, South Park, and More – Voicebot Podcast 308
The latest episode of the Voicebot Podcast is back with another Generative AI News (GAIN) rundown for March 16, 2023. This week’s news review required some tough decisions. A lot happened so we whittled it down to the biggest stories that are shaping the market. We will almost certainly get to some of the items we could not get to, like Midjourney 5, next week. The top stories in generative AI this week:
Generative AI for Knowledge Workers
- Microsoft 365 Copilot: A natural language assistant that is a system and not just a bunch of bolt-on LLM features. Can it live up to the ambition? It’s definitely impressive.
- Google Workspace: Some generative AI features are coming to Google Docs and Gmail. Still closed access and little detail, but an official signal about new features. Also, the approach today is less ambitious than Microsoft’s.
The Long Wait is Over
- GPT-4 is Here: The much-hyped and long-awaited GPT-4 launch finally arrived. It is multimodal with a vision input element, but that is not widely available. However, the output quality is clearly better, OpenAI claims that factuality is higher and hallucinations rarer, and the context window quadrupled.
ChatGPT Contenders Take a Step Forward
- Anthropic Claude: The ChatGPT competitor was formally announced. However, there is still a waitlist!
- Quora to Monetize Poe: Quora might face an existential crisis as answers become easier to find with ChatGPT, Perplexity, and the New Bing. However, Poe doesn’t rely on one LLM. It allows the user to access many. And Quora is charging for access.
LLMs and Popular Culture
- ChatGPT on South Park: The latest South Park episode featured ChatGPT. When new enterprise technology shows up in iconic popular culture venues, something important is happening beyond the obvious humor.
More About GAIN
The GAIN Rundown was originally broadcast live on YouTube and LinkedIn, and we also added it to the Voicebot Podcast for your convenience. If you would like to watch the show live, join us on YouTube or LinkedIn at 12 noon EST on Thursdays. You can re-watch each week’s discussion on Voicebot’s YouTube channel and view the visuals that go along with the show.
Bret Kinsella and Eric Schwartz of Voicebot.ai and Synthedia hosted this week.
GENERATIVE AI NEWS RUNDOWN – SHOW NOTES MARCH 16, 2023