Generative AI News Rundown 5 – Slack, Salesforce, OpenAI, Grammarly, AI21, and More – Voicebot Podcast Ep 307
The top generative AI news (GAIN) of the week is back for March 9, 2023. This week, Bret Kinsella hosts with Eric Schwartz from Voicebot.ai and special guest, Brandon Kaplan, chief innovation officer at Journey, and the founder of Skilled Creative. Stories in generative AI land this week include:
Enterprise apps all in on LLMs
- SlackGPT: A new ChatGPT feature for Slack developed by OpenAI
- Salesforce GPT: Einstein GPT features that Salesforce rolled out this week
- Grammarly GPT: Grammarly also adds generative AI features for its 30 million users, putting it on a collision course with Jasper AI, AI21’s Wordtune, and Microsoft.
The Evolution of Search
- Answer Box Mania: Both Brave and DuckDuckGo have new search summarization features that appear to replicate the Google answer box. The companies are applying LLMs, but the features are not nearly as ambitious as Bing or Bard. What they do show is how quickly the search experience is changing.
Larger Language Models
- Large, Larger, and Largest: AI21 Labs, a competitor to OpenAI, announced some new, larger, and more polished large language models. The announcement was accompanied by a number of new APIs for a variety of LLM features that developers can access by the drink.
Talk with ChatGPT
- ChatGPT Gets a Face: We also have D-ID’s new virtual human-led chat that enables you to have a conversation with ChatGPT-enabled avatar. This discussion included a conversation about the role of virtual humans in interactive bot experiences.
Elon Musk Rumors
- A Singular Generative AI: We finish with a discussion about Elon Musk’s plans to challenge OpenAI, a company where he was a co-founder.
Bret Kinsella and Eric Schwartz of Voicebot.ai are joined by Brandon Kaplan, chief innovation officer at Journey and founder of Skilled Creative. The show was originally broadcast live on YouTube and LinkedIn, and we added it to the Voicebot Podcast for your convenience. You can also watch the show recording below and on Voicebot’s YouTube channel.
GENERATIVE AI NEWS RUNDOWN – SHOW NOTES MARCH 9, 2023
- Follow Bret Kinsella on Twitter: @bretkinsella
- Follow Eric Schwartz on Twitter: @erichschwartz
Follow @bretkinsella Follow @voicebotai
Generative AI News Rundown 4 – OpenAI ChatGPT API, Snapchat, Spotify, Meta LLaMA, and More – Voicebot Podcast Ep 306
Generative AI News Rundown 2 – Bing Goes Wild, Google Bard Code Red, and More – Voicebot Podcast Ep 300