Ian Freed CEO of Bamboo Learning and Head of Amazon Devices When Alexa Launched – Voicebot Podcast Ep 212
Ian Freed is co-founder and CEO of Bamboo Learning, the creators of award-winning Alexa skills for childhood education. As you know, 2020 changed everything in education and Bamboo is filling an interesting gap for in-home learning since 2018.
Before Bamboo, Ian spent nearly 13 years at Amazon. While there he served in the coveted Tech Assistant to the CEO role where he was Jeff Bezos’ shadow for a year. Afterward, Freed become Vice President of Kindle and then Vice President of Amazon Devices. While in the devices leadership role, the development and launch of Amazon Echo, Alexa, and Fire Phone all reported up to him. That is some unique insight for you today.
We discuss Ed Tech, how COVID-19 and quarantine changed education, the early days of Echo and Alexa, and how the market has evolved. This is one of our longer interviews over the past four years but there was a lot of ground to cover.
Show Notes – Ian Freed Interview – Bamboo Learning
- Follow Bamboo Learning on Twitter and the Web: @learnwithbamboo bamboolearning.com
- Follow Ian Freed on Twitter: @ifreed
- Read about Bamboo on Voicebot: Bamboo Learning Launches Comprehensive Education Alexa Skill
- Read about Bamboo venture funding: Bamboo Learning Closes $1.4 Million in Funding, Launches New Product
- Check out Bamboo Learning on Alexa: Bamboo Learning
- Or just say: “Alexa, open Bamboo Learning.”
You can listen to the podcast interview above, on Google or Apple Podcasts, or most of the leading podcast players.