Rohit Prasad Amazon VP and Head Scientist for Alexa AI – Voicebot Podcast Ep 191
Rohit Prasad is vice president and head scientist of Alexa AI at Amazon. He joined the Alexa team pre-launch in 2013 as director of machine learning before moving up to his current role in 2016.
In our conversation, we discuss his long-time hope for Star Trek-like technologies, his initial impressions of Siri when it launched, his first day on the Alexa team, the reaction of early adopters, first-party versus third-party experiences, Alexa custom assistants, and much more.
Prior to Amazon, Prasad spent nearly 14 years at Raytheon/BBN as a scientist working on speech and voice technologies mostly for government-funded projects. His graduate research at Illinois Institute of Technology focused on low bit-rate speech coding for wireless applications back in the late 1990s.
Show Notes – Rohit Prasad Interview – Amazon
- Follow Amazon Alexa news on Twitter: @Alexa99
- Learn more about Alexa here: Alexa User Guide
- Develop on Alexa here: developer.amazon.com/alexa
- If you are interested in general tools for developing AI: AWS AI Tools
- Learn more about Alexa Custom Assistants: Amazon Debuts Alexa Custom Assistants with Fiat Chrysler
- News about the Alexa mobile app: Alexa Becomes a Chatbot – You Can Now Talk to Alexa by Text
You can listen to the podcast interview above, on Google or Apple Podcasts or most of the leading podcast players.