Voice UX Today with Cathy Pearl of Google and Adva Levin from Pretzel Labs – Voicebot Podcast Ep 136
My two guests today are widely sought after experts in voice user experience design. After more than 20 years designing voice user interfaces, Cathy Pearl is well known in the industry and is the author of what many people see as the key handbook for voice application design, “Designing Voice User Interfaces.” Cathy currently serves as head of Conversation Design Outreach at Google. Prior to Google, Cathy was vice president of user experience at Sensely and before that worked at Nuance, Tellme, and Volio. She holds degrees in Computer Science and Cognitive Science and worked for NASA early in her career.
Adva Levin is founder of Pretzel Labs, an award-winning voice interaction studio best known for winning the top prize in the Alexa skills competition for Kids skills in 2018. Other popular titles by Pretzel labs include Freeze Dancers and the new Kids Bop Star. Pretzel Labs also works with brands, media companies and government ministries on voice user experience design. Adva is an Alexa Champion, has undergraduate degrees in Math and Economics, and a Masters in Fine Arts in creative writing from Columbia University.
Cathy Pearl and Adva Levin Voice UX Interview
- Download Free Report on Voice UX: Voice UX Best Practices eBook
- Follow Cathy on Twitter and the web: @cpearl42 cathypearl.com
- Learn more about Google Assistant and UX design: Conversation Design
- Read Cathy’s book: Designing Voice User Interfaces
- Listen to Cathy on Voicebot Podcast: Cathy Pearl – Episode 30
- Follow Adva and Pretzel Labs on Twitter and the Web: @pretzelvoice Pretzel Labs
- Check out Pretzel Labs’ Alexa Skills: Kids Court Freeze Dancers Kids Bop Star
- Listen to Adva Levin on Voicebot Podcast: Adva Levin – Episode 49
You can listen to the podcast interview above, on Google or Apple Podcasts or most of the leading podcast players.