David Isbitski of Amazon Talks About the Early Days of Alexa – Voicebot Podcast Ep 110
David Isbitski joined the Alexa team in early 2015, shortly after the Amazon Echo launched and before Alexa Skills Kit or the skill store. When he started, it was all about developer office hours, Slack groups, and Meetups. Today, it is more often about conference keynotes and boardrooms. Bret Kinsella interviewed Dave at the Voice 19 Conference to get a sense about how things have changed over the past five years and what that means going forward for voice assistant adoption.
Isbitski is current Chief Evangelist for Alexa and before 2015 he held a similar role for the Amazon App Store. Prior to that, he spent 6 years as a technical evangelist at Microsoft and earlier in his career he was a technology manager at J&J and a Principal at BT.
Show Notes – David Isbitski Interview
- Follow Dave on Twitter: @thedavedev
- Read about Dave’s position as a voice industry influencer: Top 11 Influencers in Voice
- Check out two year’s of podcasts about Alexa with Dave as the host: Alexa Dev Chat Podcast
- Check out recordings of the Alexa Live sessions including Dave’s opening keynote: Alexa Live 2019
- Listen to an earlier interview with David: Voicebot Podcast Ep 95
You can listen to the podcast interview above, on Google or Apple Podcasts or most of the leading podcast players.
Follow @bretkinsellaFollow @voicebotai
Adam Cheyer of Samsung and Viv Labs Talks 25 Years of Voice Assistants – Voicebot Podcast Ep 109
Marketer Adoption of Voice Apps as a Marketing Channel – Voicebot Podcast Ep 108