Rupal Patel CEO of VocaliD Discusses Customized Synthetic Voices – Voicebot Podcast Ep 102
Rupal Patel is CEO of VocaliD. She founded the company in 2014 to provide voice prostheses for people that cannot speak in their own voices. The company continues with that work today and has expanded into customized voices for brands looking for a distinctive sound in their efforts around voice assistants.
VocaliD was a Mass Challenge finalist in 2014 where it participated in the accelerator program. Patel has also been a professor at Northeastern University for the past 16 years with joint appointments in the departments of health science and computer science. She also holds an affiliate faculty position at Harvard and MIT for the Division of Health Science and Technology but focuses her attention today on VocaliD. Early in her career while studying for her doctorate, Rupal also spent time as a speech pathologist. She earned a Ph.D. in Speech Language Pathology from the University of Toronto and an undergraduate degree in Neuropsychology from the University of Calgary. Patel completed her post-doc work at MIT.
Show Notes – Rupal Patel Interview
- Follow Rupal Patel and VocaliD on Twitter: @tweetRupal @VocaliDinc
- Follow VocaliD on the web: VocaliD
- Read a recent article by VocaliD’s Rupal Patel: Custom AI Voices Offer Distinctive Sound for People and Brands
- Read recent news from VocaliD: Voices.com to Offer Custom Synthetic Voices in Partnership with VocaliD
- Check out information from our sponsor Samsung and their work with developers: Bixby Premier Developer Program
You can listen to the podcast interview above, on Google or Apple Podcasts or most of the leading podcast players.