The Re MARS Interviews with Pulse Labs, Volley, theCUBE, Reuters, Bondad, and Philosophical Creations – Voicebot Podcast Ep 101
Today’s episode is a compilation of six interviews captured onsite at Amazon’s inaugural Re: MARS conference earlier this month. MARS stands for Machine Learning, AI, Robots, and Space, and it is designed to showcase what Amazon thinks about the future of tech. We have a great lineup to discuss the Alexa Conversations and the cross-skill goal completion announcements as well as innovations on display ranging from neural detection from wrist movements to drone delivery and how we interact with robots. I purposely asked a couple of people to join the discussion that are not part of the voice industry so we could also get a perspective about some of the other innovations that Amazon and its partners had on display.
First up, we have Dylan Zwick form Pulse Labs followed by James Wilsterman of game developer Volley. Third and fourth in line are Stu Miniman from theCUBE and Silicon Angle followed by Jeffrey Dastin of Reuters. We conclude with John Gillilan of Bondad.fm and Steve Arkonovich of Philosophical Creations. So, we have two long-time developers and voice industry company founders to start us off with commentary about Alexa Conversations. In the middle, we have two Amazon and tech industry watchers discussing topics beyond voice that you may find both relevant and interesting. We close with two developers that taught themselves to code so they could participate in the Alexa ecosystem, have had substantial success with Alexa skills and they weigh in on Alexa and other technologies they saw at Re: MARS.
Show Notes – Re: MARS Interviews
- Follow Dylan Zwick and Pulse Labs on Twitter and the web: @PulseLabsAI PulseLabs.AI
- Learn more about James Wilsterman and Volley: @jameswilsterman Volley
- Follow Stu Miniman from The Cube and Wikibon: @stu @theCUBE @Wikibon
- Read Stu’s Re: MARS summary for Wikibon: Robots are Not People and AI is Not Taking Your Job
- Follow Jeffrey Dastin on the web and Twitter: Reuters @jldastin
- Jeffrey Dastin’s coverage of Amazon’s new drone delivery program: Amazon’s Drones to Start Delivering Packages in Months
- Check out Bondad.fm on the web and follow on Twitter: bondad.fm @bondadfm
- Try out the Big Sky Alexa Skill: Go Here to Enable or just say, “Alexa, open Big Sky”
- Check out more of Steve’s skills on Alexa: Philosophical Creations
Also, check out information from our sponsor Samsung and their work with developers: Bixby Premier Developer Program
You can listen to the podcast interview above, on Google or Apple Podcasts or most of the leading podcast players.
Follow @bretkinsellaFollow @voicebotai
Four Developers React to Google IO 2019 Announcement with Emig, Gilhoi, Meissner, and Schwab – Voicebot Podcast Ep 96
Audrey Arbeeny of Audiobrain Talks Sonic Branding and the Rise of Voice – Voicebot Podcast Ep. 100
Marco Iacono COO of Viv and VP of Mobile R&D for Samsung Bixby Talks Voice Assistant Design and Launch – Voicebot Podcast Ep 98
Dave Isbitski Amazon Chief Evangelist for Alexa Talks Voice Assistant Evolution – Voicebot Podcast Ep 95