Voice Assistants in the Car with Alexa Auto, Nuance Automotive and Harman – Voicebot Podcast Ep 92
Voicebot Podcast has a triple interview on tap this week focused solely on the intersection of voice assistants and that car. First up is Arianne Walker, chief evangelist for Amazon Alexa Automotive. Then we have Adam Emfield, senior UX manager at Nuance Automotive, followed by Rashmi Rao, senior director at Harman. All three presented at Voice of the Car Summit in San Francisco last week and took some time to go a little deeper in interviews for the Voicebot Podcast audience.
Voice assistants in the car pre-date Siri on iPhone by a decade and smart speakers in the home by even longer. The use cases bring obvious benefits because voice allows drivers to execute key activities in the car while keeping their eyes on the road and hands on the wheel. Arianne Walker discusses Amazon’s Alexa Auto strategy, Adam Emfield reveals what Nuance has learned by bringing voice into the cabins of every major automaker, and Rashmi Rao of Harman describes how the infotainment system is the central hub for voice in the car and is arbitrating user queries before sending them to multiple assistants.
- 3:08 – Arianne Walker, Amazon Alexa Automotive
- 18:33 – Adam Emfield, Nuance Automotive
- 37:38 Rashmi Rao, Harman
Show Notes – Voice in Automotive Interviews with Arianne Walker, Adam Emfield, and Rashmi Rao
- Read about J.D. Power’s Study on voice in the car: 3-in-5 Consumers Want the Same Voice Assistant in the Car as in the Home
- Download report on voice assistants in the car: In-car Voice Assistant Adoption Report
- Read the report introduction: Twice the Number of U.S. Adults Have Tried In-Car Voice Assistants Than Smart Speakers
- Follow Arianne Walker on Twitter: @ArianneW
- Learn more about Alexa Auto on the web: Alexa Auto
- Follow Adam Emfield and Nuance Automotive on Twitter: @AdamEmfield @NuanceMobile
- Learn more about Nuance on the web: Nuance Automotive
- Read about Nuance at CES: Nuance Automotive Demonstrates Driver Emotion Detection and Proactive Voice Assistants
- Follow Rashmi Rao on Twitter: @rashmitweets
- Learn more about Harman’s connected car solutions on the web: Harman
You can listen to the podcast interview above or at any of the locations below.