Amazon Rolls out Slew of New Alexa Devices
Here is a quick run down of the new devices Amazon announced today. We will do some more in-depth analysis of selected devices and update this further as more information becomes available throughout the day. It was almost 90 minutes of presentations and the announcements came like a machine gun. Below are some basic details on a dozen devices. Plenty of good stuff for developers too but those will take more explanations.
- New Echo Dot – better audio, fabric outer shell
- New Echo Plus ($149.99) – new fabric outer shell, in-room temperature monitoring, upgraded speaker
- New Echo Show ($229.99) – 10 inch screen, 5 MP camera, better speakers, VEVO video integration, Alexa Blueprints, built-in smart home hub like Echo Plus, a step up
- Echo Auto ($49.99) – invitation-only release this year, brings Alexa to the car in compact form.
- Echo Sub ($129.99) – A subwoofer to bring more bass to your Alexa music listening
- Echo Link Amp ($299) – Amplifier for for connected Echo devices.
- Echo Link ($199) – connect your Echo devices to your home stereo system.
- Echo Input ($34.99) – no speaker onboard, but has a microphone and can activate other devices an initiate routines
- Alexa Smart Plug ($24.99) – WeMo is going to be disappointed here. The plugs are automatically discovered by Amazon Echos on the network. You can configure them and add them to routines by voice.
- Amazon Basics Microwave ($59.99) – Alexa deeply integrated with microwave. Popcorn will never be the same.
- Echo Wall Clock ($29.99) – Set timers and see it the countdown on the wall.
- Fire TV Recast ($229.99) – It’s a DVR from Amazon with Alexa integration.
Follow @bretkinsella Follow @voicebotai
Amazon Takes Top Spot in Smart Speaker Sales in Q2 2018 Says Strategy Analytics, but Google Home Mini Was top Device