Mycroft CEO Joshua Montgomery Discusses Open Source Voice Assistants – Voicebot Podcast Ep 48
Joshua Montgomery founded Mycroft AI in early 2015 and since that time has done two successful Kickstarter campaigns, graduated from both Tech Stars and 500 Startups accelerators, raised $3 million in equity capital and delivered the world’s first open source voice assistant. The company has also launched a new subsidiary that has a blockchain solution called Mykrosystem. He, the Mycroft team and an army of volunteer developers have been busy contributing to both open source projects.
In this week’s interview, Josh discusses the importance of independent voice assistants for both consumers and enterprises. His comments on how enterprises are the more attractive market for Mycroft was interesting and unexpected. Josh also offers insight on his latest fundraising efforts: an online public offering and a potential initial coin offering (ICO). He has served as a commissioned officer in the Air National Guard since 2009 and graduated from the University of Kansas with an Aerospace Engineering degree. A lot of great insights to be had throughout this episode.
Show Notes – Joshua Montgomery Interview Mycroft AI
- Learn more about Joshua Montgomery on Twitter and the web: @oojoshua @Mycroft_ai Mycroft.AI
- Read about Mycroft’s Online Public Offering: Mycroft AI Online Public Offering for Equity Funding
- Go directly to Mycroft’s Offering page: Start Engine
- Learn about Mycroft’s Block Chain project: Mykrosystem White Paper
- Read about the Mark II Kickstarter campaign: Mycroft Mark II Smart Display Puts Privacy First
- Check out Mycroft resources for voice developers: GitHub Dev Forum Chat
You can listen to the podcast interview above or at any of the locations below.