Voice AI First Half 2018 Review – Goebel, Higbie, Messina, Mutchler, Kinsella – Voicebot Podcast Ep 47
This week’s episode focuses on voice AI events, products and news from the first half of 2018. We discuss Apple’s announcements from WWDC and whether it was a big deal or a snoozer, the shift in smart speaker market share to Google, the impact of Google Duplex, what Amazon has done and should be doing, how acquisitions like Sayspring and investments like SoundHound’s recent funding round are impacting the industry and more. This week’s guests are:
- Tobias Goebel of Aspect Software
- Pat Higbie of XAPPmedia
- Chris Messina a developer and product guru best known for inventing the hashtag
- Voicebot’s Ava Mutchler and Bret Kinsella
We don’t just talk about what has happened, we go deep into what it all means. Messina says why he doesn’t think smart speaker market share matters anymore. Goebel discusses the wide innovation gulf between Google Duplex and Apple Siri. Higbie points out how voice is creating instant, direct consumer access to media, brand engagement and just about everything else we need. Not to be missed.
Show Notes – Novel Effect Matthew and Melissa Hammersely Interview
Goebel, Higbie and Messina have all been featured guests on Voicebot Podcast. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to listen to their podcast interviews. They are some of the best.
- Find Tobias Goebel and Aspect Software on Twitter and the web: @tpgoebel Aspect Software
- Find Pat Higbie on Twitter here @pathi and here on the web: @xappmedia
- Follow Chris Messina on Twitter: @ChrisMessina
- Read Ava Mutchler’s posts on Voicebot.ai and follow here on Twitter: Ava Mutchler @Ava_Mutchler
- Follow Bret Kinsella on Twitter and read his posts: @bretkinsella Bret Kinsella
Some articles referenced in the show include:
- WHAT YOU DIDN’T HEAR FROM APPLE WWDC ABOUT SIRI, VOICE OR AI
- U.S. SMART SPEAKER MARKET SHARE: APPLE DEBUTS AT 4.1%, AMAZON FALLS 10 POINTS AND GOOGLE RISES
- GOOGLE HOME BEATS AMAZON ECHO IN Q1 2018 SMART SPEAKER SHIPMENTS ACCORDING TO NEW STUDY
- GOOGLE DUPLEX SHOWS THE WAY TO A TRUE VIRTUAL ASSISTANT
- ADOBE ACQUIRES SAYSPRING, MAKES A BET ON VOICE
- SOUNDHOUND CLOSES $100 MILLION FUNDING ROUND FROM STRATEGIC INVESTORS INCLUDING DAIMLER, HYUNDAI AND TENCENT
You can listen to the podcast interview above or at any of the locations below.