Nuance Acquired by Microsoft: Breaking Down the $20B Deal – Voicebot Podcast Ep 205
Microsoft announced a $20 billion acquisition of Nuance this past week and Voicebot invited four experts in the field to help break down why the deal makes sense and what it means for the industry.
- Kavita Reddi is co-founder of Voxta, a provider of automated speech recognition technology for call centers and embedded products.
- Tom Hebner is vice president of Nueraflash and previously spent a dozen years as head of innovation for voice and AI technology at Nuance.
- Nate Treloar is co-founder and president of Orbita a leading provider of conversational AI technologies to healthcare providers.
- Paul Sweeney is co-founder and EVP of product at Webio a conversational AI middleware provider for contacts centers in financial services and collections.
The show was recorded live in Clubhouse and we also included questions from the audience after about 50 minutes. Those questions brought up a number of new topics and interesting discussions so we included them in the episode.
Show Notes – Microsoft Acquires Nuance – Interviews with Orbita, Nueraflash, Voxta, and Webio
- Follow Nate Treloar and Orbita on Twitter and the web: @ntreloar @orbita_inc orbita.ai
- Read about Orbita in Voicebot: Orbita Raises $9M for Conversational Healthcare AI as Demand Surges During COVID-19 Crisis
- Listen to Nate Treloar on the Voicebot Podcast: Voice Assistants in Healthcare – Ep 135
- Follow Tom Hebner on Twitter and Nuraflash on the web: @neuraflash Neuraflash.com
- Listen to Tom Hebner on the Voicebot Podcast: Tom Hebner, Global Innovation Leader at Nuance – Ep 53
- Follow Kavita Reddi on Twitter and Voxta on the web: @kavitar voxta.com
- Follow Paul Sweeney and Webio on Twitter and the web: @paulsweeney @webioHQ webio.com
- Listen to Paul Sweeney on the Voicebot Podcast: The Convercon Interviews – Ep 122
You can listen to the podcast interview above, on Google or Apple Podcasts, or most of the leading podcast players.
Follow @bretkinsella Follow @voicebotai
Joe Petro CTO and EVP of R&D at Nuance on Voice in Healthcare, Customer Support, and More – Voicebot Podcast Ep 186
Voice Games with Doppio, Drive.fm, Matchbox.io, and Volley – Voicebot Podcast Ep 204
Ilya Gelfenbeyn, Founding CEO of API.ai (Acquired by Google and Now Dialogflow) – Voicebot Podcast Ep 197