Amazon Product Launch Event Hot Takes with CNET, Voicebrew, and USA Today – Voicebot Podcast Ep 170
The past two years I have had the chance to attend Amazon’s annual product launch event live in Seattle. In the year of the COVID-19 pandemics, no such onsite activities are available. However, there was a live stream that was provided to a few journalists. So, I’ve assembled five people that participated in the live stream, which is four guests and me, to offer our perspective on what we saw and didn’t see this year from Amazon.
First up today you will hear my conversation with Ben Fox Rubin of CNET. He covers Amazon exclusively and joins me for the second year in a row. Next, we have my interview with Katherine Prescott of VoiceBrew, the most popular newsletter for Alexa users.
Then, I speak with Jefferson Graham of USA Today. He was on our extra episode 169 just a week ago which offered a preview of the event. We call out whether his, and my predictions were right, and what consumers are really going to adopt among the new device offerings. I wrap up with Eric Schwartz, the head writer for Voicebot.ai. He has some interesting insights into services Amazon is pushing to keep people connected. Below I have listed when each segment begins. Enjoy!
- Ben Fox Rubin, CNET – 2:51
- Katherine Prescott, Voicebrew – 30:11 voicebrew.com @kbprescott
- Jefferson Graham, USA Today – 56:37
- Eric Schwartz, Voicebot.ai – 1:20:47
Show Notes – 2020 Amazon Product Launch Hot Takes
- You can Ben Fox Rubin on Twitter and CNET: @benfoxrubin CNET Author Page
- Check out Ben on Voicebot Podcast’s Coronavirus and Tech feature: Episode 142
- Follow Katherine Prescott and Voicebrew on Twitter and the web: @kbprescott voicebrew.com
- Check out Katherine’s comments on the first half 2020 voice industry news: Voicebot Podcast Ep 162
- Follow Jefferson Graham on Twitter, the web, and read his column on USA Today: @jeffersongraham jeffersongraham.net USA Today Columns
- Listen to Jeffersons’ daily podcast (and sometimes hear me as a guest): Talking Tech
- Follow Eric Schwartz on Twitter and Voicebot.ai: @erichschwartz Voicebot Page
- Read Eric’s write-up on the Alexa Care Hub announced at the event: New Alexa Care Hub Keeps a Remote Eye on Older Relatives
You can listen to the podcast interview above, on Google or Apple Podcasts or most of the leading podcast players.
Follow @bretkinsella Follow @voicebotai
James Vlahos of Hereafter AI Discusses Avatars That Preserve the Memories and Thoughts of Real People – Voicebot Podcast Ep 168
TalkSocket Co-Founders Andrew DeLorenzo and Chandler Murch – Voicebot Podcast Ep 167
Top Voice AI Stories in the First Half of 2020 with Lau, Prescott and König – Voicebot Podcast Ep 162