Jeanine Heck VP of AI Products at Comcast – Voicebot Podcast Ep 164
Jeanine Heck is vice president of AI product at Comcast, the top cable television provider in the U.S. with over 20 million subscribers for its Xfinity service. The company began shipping a voice-interactive TV remote app in 2013 and a voice-controlled physical remote for its cable boxes in 2015. In 2019, the Xfinity voice remote handled over 12 billion voice requests which suggests users are making an average of about 600 voice requests per year, up from about 200 three years ago. It is a heavily used custom assistant that has been proven at scale.
Heck has been with Comcast since 2007 and has overseen the Xfinity voice remote project since its inception in 2013. Earlier in her career, she was a programmer and then manager at Gemini systems. Heck earned a degree in computer science and engineering from the University of Pennsylvania and an MBA from Columbia.
Show Notes – Jeanine Heck Interview – Comcast / Xfinity
- Follow Xfinity on Twitter and the Web: @xfinity Xfinity.com
- Follow Jeanine Heck on Twitter: @j9heck
- Learn more about the product: Xfinity Voice Remote product page
- Check out easter eggs for the Xfinity voice remote: Easter Eggs in Xfinity Voice Remote
- Read about Xfinity Voice in Voicebot: Xfinity Adds New Voice Commands for Finding Tile Tags
You can listen to the podcast interview above, on Google or Apple Podcasts or most of the leading podcast players.