Voicebot Passes 1 Million Page Views
There are now one million reasons to believe Voice and AI technology have hit a popularity growth curve. You can count past 1 million when tallying up Voicebot.ai page views since we first published on September 15, 2016. More interesting is the fact that it took 518 days to deliver the first 500,000 page views and just 111 to double that number. Google Analytics tells us that over 240,000 people have read at least one page of Voicebot. But, let’s face it; some of you have easily read half of the 1,156 articles posted over the past 1.72 years. Thank you for your loyalty, feedback, social shares, news tips, commentary and friendship.
It’s fair to say the enterprise has become a bit larger than Ava Mutchler and I first envisioned 629 days ago. Realistically, we would have estimated completing no more than 200 posts. We see the growth and content and page views on Voicebot.ai as a proxy for the rapid growth of voice assistant adoption that we have been privileged to view from a front row seat. Some stats on the Voicebot enterprise:
- Page View Milestones: 113 days to 10k, 333 to 100k, 518 to 500k, 629 to 1 million
- 1,156 article posts through 1 million page views with an average of 871 views per post
- 46 podcasts with a 5.0 star rating and 28 reviews in Apple Podcasts. We want more! But, seriously. Thanks.
- Over 240,000 unique readers…so far. Uhh..that’s 100k new uniques in 111 days. Surprised us for sure.
- Top 10 countries for readers: U.S., U.K., India, Canada, Germany,France, Japan, South Korea,Australia, Russia
TOP 5 MOST READ ARTICLES, BEST LINKEDIN POST AND INFOGRAPHIC
- Amazon Alexa Skill Count Passes 15,000 July 2, 2017 (it was a monster, we had it first, it still gets views a year later)
- YouTube is Back on Amazon Echo Show November 21, 2017 (we also had this one first)
- Bezos Says More Than 20 Million Amazon Echo Devices Sold October 27, 2017 (the data was out there, we did the analysis)
- Amazon Echo Market Share Dips Below 70% in U.S. for the First Time January 10, 2018 (we sifted the data to understand the real story)
- Google Home Beats Amazon Echo in Q1 2018 Global Smart Speaker Shipments May 23, 2018 (we put the data in context)
- Honorable Mention: Google Duplex Won’t Be Available in These 12 States at Launch May 9, 2018 (we definitely had this one first)
- Best Performing LinkedIn Repost with over 10,000 views and 1,500 likes: Apple AirPods Customer Satisfaction is Remarkable and Core to Siri Strategy
- Most Popular Infographic: A Short History of the Voice Revolution
VOICEBOT IS EVERYWHERE
You may also have noticed that Voicebot.ai has become a frequent source of information and commentary for other media. I have heard a few times, “you guys are everywhere.” If you can’t find us in Business Insider, it’s because they frequently cite our data and put the source information in gray, 4 pt font. Of course, we are even more gratified when our work shows up in conferences and Meetups around the world.
http://t.co/rqOn1BXRQY is such an incredible news source for the voice space. In every talk I prepare, I have at least 3 slides with stats/references/screenshots from there. Thanks @bretkinsella @voicebotai ✨#voicefirst pic.twitter.com/nRFySJPfse
— Jan König (@einkoenig) February 21, 2018
I’d also like to give a shoutout to many of the data sources we frequently cite and give them full credit for their work chronicling the industry: Edison Research, Strategy Analytics, Canalys, MIDiA Research, PwC, Stone Temple, Loup Ventures and many more.
YOUR COMMENTS HERE
We couldn’t do it without everyone in the Voicebot community. We get a kick out of your comments both solicited and unsolicited. Here are some of our favorites from the past and present.
Thank you for keeping us up-to-date on this remarkable technology. A powerful tool increased by your reporting.
— Dana Law (@Mentalisto) June 8, 2018
— Brian Roemmele (@BrianRoemmele) June 1, 2017
(1) quality of discussion . (2) see point one.
— Paul Sweeney (@PaulSweeney) June 7, 2018
I like that you seem to have inside bits of insight and news that can only be delivered via aliens
— Dave Young (@the_davey) June 8, 2018
— Dave Kemp (@Oaktree_Dave) February 22, 2018
— David Gerbino (@dmgerbino) June 5, 2018
— Doug Schumacher (@MemeRunner) May 30, 2018
Voicebot is my favorite thing.
You’re putting out so much gold, I’m literally tweeting all your articles!
You put out so much content, but I am more impressed that it is such high quality.
MANY THANKS TO THE VOICE REVOLUTIONARIES
None of this would be possible without the Voice Revolutionaries creating new products, reading Voicebot’s analyses and listening to our podcasts. Thank you for sticking with us, even when our site was down for 28 hours a couple of weeks ago, and for doing so much interesting stuff that merits reporting. It’s been great fun so far and it feels like we are all just getting started. Be a Voice Revolutionary and read Voicebot.ai each week. Also, subscribe to our weekly newsletter now serving over 1,600 Voice Revolutionaries each week and check out the Voicebot Podcast where we go deep into topics that print can’t adequately cover.