This May Not Be For You
Voice Insider is a subscription newsletter by the creators of Voicebot.ai. It is not for everyone. Voicebot.ai produces a lot of free content—more than 50 articles each month, original research, a podcast—so most casual observers of the voice ecosystem are well served with our free content. The Voice Insider email newsletter is for people that are on the inside of the industry, need/want to know the information that will never appear in Tech Crunch and The Verge, or have either a professional or personal obsession with knowing the story behind the story when it comes to voice AI. If this is not you, stop reading right now and check out all of the free stuff on this site.
Stuff You Won’t Find Elsewhere
Okay, for those of you that are still here, Voice Insider is a weekly subscription newsletter emailed directly to your inbox. It will inform you about things that voice industry insiders need to know ahead of their peers, competitors, and customers. The Voicebot editorial team realized that we frequently come across interesting information related to the voice industry that doesn’t quite fit into our standard news coverage or research reports. Voice Insider is a channel for us to tell you about information which is useful to know but you otherwise might have missed. Each week we cover a key insight (Think Tank), reveal and inside fact or idea that you probably don’t know about, present a chart of the week (often of data not published elsewhere), discuss rumors, upcoming events and more. And there are some other perks from time to time.
If you are interested, you can subscribe through our Patreon page and become a member for about $2 per issue and you instantly get access to all of the previous issues – dozens of them with all sorts of useful information available the moment you join. Check some out below. Also, send us your tips about new hires, people moves, little-known-facts or rumors and more at info(at)voicebot.com.Subscribe Here
Check out some of the issues for free:
- View Voice Insider Issue #1
- View Voice Insider Issue #2
- View Voice Insider Issue #22
- View Voice Insider Issue #28
Topics in other issues (subscribers receive immediate access to all previous issues):
- #60 – The Great Google Action Disappearance and the Impact on Enterprise Support for Voice, Plus Some New Nomenclature
- #59 – Welcome to the Ebb Tide for Voice Assistant Apps. This Bank Has as Many as 1 Million Monthly Users for its App-Based Voice Assistant.
- #58 – The Ear Wars Heat Up. Rationale Behind the Beeb. Alexa Skill Growth Continues its Slide.
- #57 – Alexa’s On-the-Go Strategy Finally Takes Shape, Amazon Says it Doesn’t Need to Make Money on it Products
- #56 – Facebook’s Voice and Wearables Strategy to Directly Connect with Consumers, 3 Smart Speakers with Dual Assistants Have One Thing in Common
- #55 – Alexa Goes to the Edge, Hearables Rise, and Aiva is Raising $4 Million
- #54 – Baidu Shows How Apple (or others) Can Rise in the Voice Assistant Wars. Some Google Assistant Actions Will Die Next Month
- #53 – Are Voice Assistants the New Apps? BBC and Ikea Think So. Alexa Skill Rewards About to Change
- #52 – One Year of Voice Insider Reviewed. Spoken Layer Closes $3 Million in Funding and Triples Valuation
- #51 – Podcasts and Voice Assistants – Do They Intersect? What to Expect from Google Assistant’s Forthcoming Podcast Search.
- #50 – The Biggest Threat to Voice Assistant Growth is Not Consumer Backlash; It’s This.
- #49 – Voice App Discovery – no one is coming to rescue you. Android Auto is becoming Google Assistant. What that means.
- #48 – Four Types of Voice Assistant Strategies. Amazon Skill Flow Builder, the Inside Story.
- #47 – A Trillion Dollar Voice Economy, A Peace Dividend or Both from the Voice Platform Wars? Voicebot at Voice Summit 19
- #46 – Top Story in Voice for the First Half of 2019. Is Voice headed for the Trough? There Will Be No Advertising on Bixby.
- #45 – Is voice an Interface or a Platform? Yes. It Is. And, How Much Voice is Worth on the Web.
- #44 – The Alexa Issue. Alexa to Introduce a Declarative Programming Model (like Bixby?) But Imperative Still Rules Today. New Alexa Skill Launches Drop Over 50% in 2019
- #43 – The Privacy Issue. Amazon, Apple, and Google All Promote Privacy as a Voice Assistant Feature. Former Siri Head Says Assistants Just Aren’t That Smart. Does Siri have an imagination deficit?
- #42 – The Apple Issue. What WWDC Means for Voice at Apple. How the Knowledge Navigator of 1987 Shows Just How Far Short Apple Has Progressed Toward Its Own Vision
- #41 – The Onslaught of Voice Industry Data. What is to be believed? Google Project Pygmalion Has a Lot of Linguist Contractors Annotating Speech.
- #40 – Is Google Duplex Just Another Mechanical Turk? Bixby Wants to Give Voice Devs Free Stuff, Even TVs
- #39 – The Coming Android App / Google Action Showdown, Amazon Wanted Google Assistant to Run Alongside Alexa on Sonos
- #38 – Google Assistant Can Run on Device – that means some things may change, but not soon, Implicit Invocation Referrals Down a Lot
- #37 – Mark Cuban Duels with John Legend. Is Cortana about to Integrate with Google Assistant?
- #36 – Why Siri May Have More Apps with Voice Than Alexa This Time Next Year, VoiceFlow’s New Lead VC Likely Lost Money on PullString
- #35 – Is Voice a Good Bet for Startups? The Alexa Auto Strategy Explained
- #34 – The Rise of the Arbitrators for In-Car Voice Assistants, Erica Costs Higher Than Previously Thought
- #33 – Are Voice Assistants with Eyes Coming? Data on Smart Speaker Brand Choice by Household Income
- #32 – Voice Assistants Are Not Conversational, Google Home Users Conduct More Voice Searches
- #31 – Advertising Through Voice Assistants vs. Driving Voice App Discovery, A Tip on Sharing Google Actions
- #30 – Dialogflow Down for 5 Hours and Cripples Many Google Actions; Voice Marketing Budgets Don’t Match Adoption
- #29 – Smart Speaker Killer Apps Are Here Today while Third-Party Apps Languish. This Can and Will Be Fixed
- #28 – Why Alexa and Google Assistant Will Spawn Thousands of Assistants
- #27 – How Should We Count Voice Assistants? Smart Display Adoption Rises More Than 500% in the U.S. in 2018
- #26 – Voice Assistants Are Officially Pervasive. Now What? Google Actions Grow 2.5X in 2018, but trail Alexa Skills by a Whole Lot. Does it matter?
- #25 – The GOWN Voice Assistant Classification Framework Debut, Why Sonos is Struggling Getting Google Assistant onboard
- #24 – Investors Finally Moving Into Voice? Conversation.one Loses Both Founders, Changes Name, and Appears to be Rethinking Its Future
- #23 – Microsoft Cortana to Focus on Enterprise, Plans to Support Google Assistant and Alexa, Voiceflow Gets Investment from Weekend Fund
- #22 – The Duopolies Won’t Last, Why PullString was a Good Acquisition Target for Apple, and Alexa Conference Recap
- #21 – CES 2019 Day 3 Bonus Edition — 1,000 Points of Light on the Voice Landscape and the Emerging Consensus
- #20 – CES Updates from the Media Days and Voice Assistants at a Billion Devices for Just One Player – the battle for distribution
- #19 – Voice Will be Bigger at CES in 2019 But the Headlines Will Be Forgettable as 2019 is About Practical Applications
- #18 – Why smart speakers in Italy and Spain were more important than Google Duplex in 2018
- #17 – Alexa gets another smart speaker partner, the impact on Google, Echo Show coming to India
- #16 – Are voice assistants a new browser or OS?
- #15 – Smart display sales languish, voice ratings take off
- #14 – Should Smart Speakers Be Free? How to Get 6k Alexa skill users per day…
- #13 – Voice assistants and the rising duopoly, something peculiar about Google Home Hub
- #12 – Voice assistants beyond the smart speaker, where else are they being used (exclusive early access to data)
- #11 – Will there be one voice assistant or many, Alexa skill growth rate accelerates (exclusive data)
- #10 – Updates on Viv in Bixby 2.0 and new U.S. smart speaker adoption numbers
- #9 – Dynamic context explained through Alexa whisper mode and new patent, also exclusive data on smart speaker frequency of use
- #8 – Voice apps as services, Google’s real-time translation services and exclusive data about hearables usage
- #7 – Google Home Hub and Duplex roll out; how to position products for sale through Alexa
- #6 – Advertisers warm up to voice assistants, Target could be an acquisition target for a voice tech giant
- #5 – Alexa unleashed, skill counts by country, global smart speaker shipments by device
- #4 – Apple Focuses on the Person, Amazon the Place, Google Everywhere; and what do 1P, 2P and 3P mean?
- #3 – Not everyone is all-in on voice, American average time spent with media chart and implication for voice
- #2 – Phase One of Voice Adoption is Over, Amazon’s Voice Content Grab and More
- #1 – Alexa Skill Volume, Gaming Reviews on Google Assistant and More