Google Product Launch Hot Takes with Jefferson Graham of USA Today and Eric Schwartz of Voicebot – Voicebot Podcast Ep 171
Today’s podcast focuses on Google’s 2020 Fall product launch. We knew in advance that we would finally see a replacement for the Google Home which was launched four long years ago. The Nest Audio is that replacement as the flagship smart speaker for Google. Other than that, we were expecting a new Pixel smartphone, which we did see, and a new Chromecast, which also made an appearance. Voicebot’s Eric Schwartz also has a couple of roundup stories from the event if you’d like additional context.
- New Google Nest Audio Smart Speaker and Other Devices Debut in Half-Hour Product Blitz
- Google Assistant will Stay on Hold for You in New Pixel Smartphones
To maintain consistency, I also asked Jefferson Graham of USA Today and Eric Schwartz of Voicebot.ai to join me. They were both on the recent episode focused on the Amazon product launch so we are getting their hot takes today in contrast to what we saw from Amazon. Jefferson Graham is the leading consumer tech reporter in the U.S. and Eric Schwartz is the lead reporter at Voicebot.
- Jefferson Graham, USA Today – 1:25
- Eric Schwartz, Voicebot.ai – 17:09
Show Notes – 2020 Google Product Launch Hot Takes
- Follow Jefferson Graham on Twitter, the web, and read his column on USA Today: @jeffersongraham jeffersongraham.net USA Today Columns
- Listen to Jeffersons’ daily podcast (and sometimes hear me as a guest): Talking Tech
- Follow Eric Schwartz on Twitter and Voicebot.ai: @erichschwartz Voicebot Page
- Read Eric’s write-up on the Alexa Care Hub announced at the event: New Alexa Care Hub Keeps a Remote Eye on Older Relatives
You can listen to the podcast interview above, on Google or Apple Podcasts or most of the leading podcast players.