Top Voice AI Stories in the First Half of 2020 with Lau, Prescott and König – Voicebot Podcast Ep 162
This week’s roundtable discussion focuses on the top voice AI news from the first half of 2020. We, of course, talk about COVID-19 and how that is changing adoption patterns for the industry. Plus we discuss smart speaker adoption figures, the voice app ecosystems and whether there is a voice app winter underway, the rise of custom assistants, a shift to mobile, and more.
Guests this week include Theo Lau, founder of Unconventional Ventures, Katherine Prescott, founder of Voicebrew, and Jan König, co-founder of Jovo. Unconventional Ventures is a firm that focuses on banking and has a lot of crossover with voice and AI among other financial services technologies. Theo is also an advisor to Bond.ai and is the former director for market innovation at AARP. Earlier in her career, she worked with voice and data products and services at Nextel and Teligent. Theo earned a degree in Chemical Engineering from RPI and an MS from George Washington University.
VoiceBrew is a daily newsletter that teaches consumers how to get more out of their Alexa-enabled devices. Previously, Katherine was a senior vice president of corporate strategy at Highbridge Capital Management and an analyst to Morgan Stanley focusing on M&A. She earned a BS in economics at Harvard.
Jovo provides a cross-platform development framework for voice apps and technologies. Jan is also an entrepreneur partner at Etribes and was a product manager at Blue Yonder. He earned both Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Industrial Engineering from Karlsruhe Institute of Technology.
Show Notes – Voice AI News 2020 First Half
- Follow Unconventional Ventures and Theo Lau on Twitter and the Web: @unconventionalvc Unconventional.vc @psb_dc
- Follow VoiceBrew and Katherine Prescott on Twitter and the Web: voicebrew.com @kbprescott
- Follow Jovo and Jan König on Twitter and the Web: @jovotech jovo.tech @einkoenig
- Read about Jovo in Voicebot: Jovo V3 Launches with Support for More Platforms
- Check out one of Jan’s previous appearances in Voicebot podcast: Jan König Discusses Jovo’s Open Source Framework – Voicebot Podcast Ep 56
You can listen to the podcast interview above, on Google or Apple Podcasts or most of the leading podcast players.