Todd Mozer CEO of Sensory Talks Custom Assistants – Voicebot Podcast Ep 160
Todd Mozer is founder, Chairman, and CEO of Sensory. The company has provided voice and AI technology for 3 billion devices over 25 years. Sensory’s technology stack can be used to deploy a custom assistant in an appliance or mobile app and also has individual features for wake word, biometric login, and more. Sensory customers include Amazon, AT&T, Garmin, Google, GoPro, Huawei, Motorola, and Sony to name a few. Todd is a graduate of Stanford Business School and UC Santa Barbara. He also studied computer science at UC Berkeley in between.
In this interview, we talk about the rise of custom assistants and how the needs of device makers and apps publishers differ compared to supporting general purpose consumer assistants. We also discuss appliances and how they can become voice-interactive even without cloud connectivity though Mozer says the demand for offline voice-controlled devices is less than he anticipated.
Show Notes – Todd Mozer Interview Sensory
- Follow Sensory on Twitter and the Web: @TrulyHandsFree Sensory
- Learn about Sensory’s latest data on voice recognition accuracy: Improved Voice Control Accuracy with Domain Specific Assistants
- Read an article about Sensory’s voice offering for appliance makers: Sensory Debuts Smart Appliance Voice Assistant Platform
- Read about Sensory and wake words: Sensory Adds Multiple Wake Word and Voice Assistant Support
- Read the latest article from Jeff Mozer on Voicebot.ai: Can Your Assistant Deliver?
- Read about Sensory’s privacy-first smart speaker: Sensory is Enabling Offline Smart Speakers with No Cloud Connectivity
You can listen to the podcast interview above, on Google or Apple Podcasts or most of the leading podcast players.