Amazon Echo Device Backorders Indicate Strong Prime Day Sales for Alexa
A couple of hours remain in Amazon Prime Day which was extended to two full days for the first time this year. It is Amazon’s prime time for selling a lot of Alexa-enabled devices. The Amazon Fire TV stick with Alexa remote and the Echo Dot were the top Prime Day devices sold in 2018, and the Echo Dot was the top-selling device worldwide in the 2017 edition. Back in 2016, Alexa-enabled devices were among the top sellers as well. Will this also be true in 2019?
You might think everyone that wants an Echo device already has one, but discounts do influence sales volume and reviewing a few Amazon website around the world shows many products on backorder. Some of these have extended their ship dates just in the last hour.
- Echo Dot – backorder until July 23rd
- Echo Dot Kids Edition – backorder until July 24th
- Echo Show 5 – backorder until September 5th
- Echo Show 5 – backorder until July 23rd
- Echo Dot – backorder until August 18th – 25th
- Echo Dot – backorder until August 25th
- Echo Plus – deliver on July 28th
We expect Amazon to have an announcement which says Alexa-enabled devices were among the top sellers globally on Prime Day. History would suggest it likely and the backorders indicate it is certain.