Alexa Accelerator Interviews (Jargon, Helix AI, Presence AI) – Voicebot Podcast Ep 64
Voicebot recently traveled to Seattle to meet with some of the company founders in the 2018 cohort of the Alexa Accelerator Powered by Techstars. Three CEO and co-founders were available for interviews and we put those together in a single episode. On October 9th, these executives will present during “demo day” about their companies and progress since joining the Alexa Accelerator in July. So, those of you reading this today will get a one-day jump on the rest of the world about three of the Alexa Accelerator companies in the 2018 cohort.
Joining me on the podcast this week are Milkana Brace of Jagon, James Rhodes of HelixAI and Michele Meyer of Presence AI. Jargon is helping companies localize Alexa skills for different countries, HelixAI has a hands free enterprise solution for lab scientists and Presence AI will answer phone calls for small businesses. Presence AI positions itself at the other side of the Google Duplex conversation. It could be used to field questions from people or machines to book appointments on behalf of local businesses.
I also had the opportunity to speak with the Alexa Accelerator’s managing director, Aviel Ginzburg, about how the organization recruits new companies and how things have changed between year 1 and year 2. Ginzburg noted how much the landscape of voice industry entrepreneurial activity has evolved over the past 12 months and the founder interviews focus on internationalization of voice (Jargon) and new enterprise applications for voice (HelixAI, Presence AI).
- 3:54 – Aviel Ginzburg, Managing Director of the Alexa Accelerator Powered by Techstars
- 18:39 – Milkana Brace, CEO and co-founder Jargon
- 28:30 – Jame Rhodes, CEO and co-founder HelixAI
- 39:53 – Michele Myer, CEO and co-founder Presence AI
Show Notes – Alexa Accelerator Interviews 2018
- Learn more about the Alexa Accelerator 2018 Cohort: Amazon Accelerator Announces 2018 Class of Startups
- Find Jargon on the web and review the SDK on Github: Jargon Jargon SDK
- Follow HelixAI on the web and Twitter: HelixAI @HelixAI
- Learn more about Presence AI on the web: Presence AI @Presence_ai
- Follow Techstars and Aviel Ginzburg on Twitter: @techstars @aviel
- More about the Alexa Accelerator: Alexa Accelerator Powered by Techstars
You can listen to the podcast interview above or at any of the locations below.
Follow @bretkinsella Follow @voicebotai
Alexa Product Launch Roundup with Graham (USA Today), Jurran (C’T Magazine in Germany) and Dastin (Reuters) – Voicebot Podcast Ep 62
Jeff Adams CEO of Cobalt Speech & Language and Former Alexa ASR and NLU Teams – Voicebot Podcast Ep 59