Novel Effect Founders Use Voice and Sound to Enhance Story Time and More – Voicebot Podcast Ep 46
Melissa and Matthew Hammersley co-founded Novel Effect in 2015 to use voice recognition combined with sound effects to enhance story time for parents and children. But, if you think this technology is just about entertaining children, you have missed Novel Effect’s evolution. Yes, they now support over 150 children’s stories, but they are also working on other applications for language learning and entertainment beyond kids.
Since founding the company, the Hammersley duo have appeared on Shark Tank, completed the first edition of the Alexa Accelerator, closed a $3 million funding round, launched an iOS app, closed deals with major publishers and expanded their application set beyond stories to other use cases. We cover all of these topics and more in this week’s episode. Melissa is the former owner of Figure One Design and is now Chief Design Officer at Novel Effect while Matthew is a former engineer and patent attorney and is currently CEO.
Show Notes – Novel Effect Matthew and Melissa Hammersely Interview
- Learn more about Novel Effect on Twitter and the web: @novel_effect Novel Effect
- Download Novel Effect in the App Store: Novel Effect for iOS
- Join the Beta for Android: Novel Effect Beta for Android
- Follow Novel Effect on Facebook: Novel Effect on Facebook
- Read about Novel Effect’s Fundraising Round: Alexa Accelerator Graduate Novel Effect Raises $3 Million
You can listen to the podcast interview above or at any of the locations below.